Chapter Three

"What if I mess up?" Roy exclaimed, throwing his hands up into the air, looking at Thea with a worried and desperate look in his eyes

"Roy, even if you do mess up, Oliver will forgive you," Thea reassured him warmly, although, unable to stop herself from rolling her eyes, crossing her arms. They had broken up on good terms: in short, Thea wanted to go a tad further than making out, and Roy ended up having to tell here he was gay. She understood, which Roy was very grateful for. Roy really did love Thea, as a friend, because she understood him and, in front of her, he could really be himself.

Roy looked unconvinced. "What if he doesn't?" He began again, pacing around the room, "what if I spill my drink? What if the food there is terrible? Wait up, why do I even assume we're going to a restaurant? What if we're just going somewhere, like a club, to hit on girls like the two straight dudes he assumes we are? Maybe we're going to his place," Roy suddenly stopped, turning the colour of Thea's snowy curtains, "no, I'm not gonna even mention that, let's pretend I never said that."

"Roy," Thea started in a drained tone that all but stated that she was already very done with her best friend, but the said best friend didn't let her go on any further.

"What should I wear? Should I wear a suit? Oliver seems like the suit type of guy. He's got the body for it... Ok, now I'm just thinking about Oliver in a suit."

Thea shook her head excessively trying to wipe the image from the surface of her mind. She managed to speak out, "You should not wear a suit because Oliver is broke. Also, ew, he's my brother!" Roy shrugged apologetically. 

"Ok, so, no suit. Just a shirt? A sweater? And what shoes should I wear? Is he into black-leather wing-tipped dress shoes? Because those are the only fancy ones I have. But why would I wear dress shoes, I have no way of knowing if this is a date or not! It probably isn't. Why would he invite me out on a date? He's most likely straight. I'm sure this is just two buds going out as friends, and nothing more. But what if it isn't? How would I know?!" At this point, Thea's patience seemed to run out. 

"Roy!" She shouted loudly over him, much more than just a hint of annoyance in her voice. "Calm. Down. Stop worrying! It doesn't really matter wheat you wear, even whether this is a date or not. Just be yourself! I know my brother like I know my own mind, so I can say for sure he will appreciate and like the real you. So get a hold of yourself, Roy. When does your date start again?"

Roy, silenced by Thea's words, answered, torn out of his deep thoughts. "At 7."

"Good, we still have time. I will invite Sin over and we can both help you get ready," Thea delivered as she walked up to the counter, grabbing her phone off of it, "Seems like we won't have time to set up the bar, though, I'll have to close for tonight."

"Really?" Roy sounded surprised, "you'd do that for me?"

Thea huffed in a cutting manner, dialling a number on the tablet's screen, "I'm doing this for both you and Oliver, my doofus of a brother who can't even realise and accept his own feelings."

Roy melted into a warm smile. The feeling of how grateful he was for a friend like Thea filled up his chest, mixed with the giddiness and excitement - whether this was a date or not, Roy thought, he was going to make the best of the experience.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys! Sorry if this was short! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it. Also, I suck at titles, so, any suggestions?

Thanks, and I'll upload tomorrow,

sofiiva17!