2| Hunter Exam

After escaping from the Zoldyck mansion, Killuko and Killua were finding something to do, in order to cease their boredom. However, something caught their ears. "I heard this year's hunter exam was pretty hard!" "The rookies this year are going to get into some trouble"

A bunch of arrogant weaklings gossiped about a thing called the 'hunter exam'. Killuko hopped off Killua's arms and strolled towards them nonchalantly. "Ano... old man, can you please tell me what the hunter exam is about?" Killuko asked innocently, tilting her head.

"Heh, a weak little girl like you being a hunter? Don't make me eve-" Before he could even continue his sentence, he saw a finger dropping onto the floor, and that finger, was his.

"Oops... Feitan-nii told me to start with a finger nail. This is  why I'm not in charge of torturing people, I seem to lose control easily..." Killuko trailed off.

"So, what's the hunter exam?" She asked, only realising that the guy had already fainted from blood loss and shock. "...Oops" she repeated.

Killua sighed. "You always go too far, Killuko" he said with a cute smile as he patted  her head. "If you want to gain information," he revealed his sharp claws and held them close to the other man's neck as he continued, "you do this." Any other person would have ran away from the sight, but not her.

Instead, she stared at the sight in awe, while exclaiming, "As expected of Killua! You always know what's just right!"

"T-the hunter exam is a test people will n-need to take in order to become a hunter" the man stuttered out. "And, so what's a hunter?" Killua interrogated. "A-a hunter can gain excess to all sorts of informati-" "Sounds boring" Killua started. "I know" Killuko continued.

"So? What are the odds of passing?" Killua asked nonchalantly. "T-they say every t-three years, a r-rookie passes" "That's all I need to know, Killuko, let's go" Killua said while carrying Killuko princess style, heading to interrogate more people for information.

After tons of threatening and blackmailing etc, they finally arrived at the hunter exam site.

"Please take your number" A green blob handed Killuko a tag that wrote '98' while Killua got one that wrote '99'.

Suddenly, a man wearing a dark blue shirt went up to them, stretching his hand out. "Hi! I'm Tonpa! You must be a rookie! This is my 35th time trying out the exam, so you can kinda say I'm a veteran." He exclaimed arrogantly, as if he was proud of the fact that he failed 35 times.

Killuko's eyes widened in amazement, having not went out of the Zoldyck mansion since young except for missions and Phantom troupe gatherings, she didn't seem to understand many things.

"Isn't that amazing?" Killuko questioned Killua, eyes becoming stars. Killua sighed, still smiling at how adorable this little girl can be. "No, it just means that he's failed 35 times", he answered while patting her head gently.

"S-so, as a token for our new friendship, why not have some juice?" He stuttered.

'It definitely has some laxatives, my favourite!' (Y/n) thought. "Thank you so much, Tonpa-san! Laxatives are my favourite poison!" She exclaimed as she and Killua took a sip of the poison at thee same time.

The girl's comment made Tonpa sweat buckets. Who the hell would drink poison if they knew what it was. And what the heck is favourite poison?!

"Worried?" Killua asked Tonpa, with his signature assassin look. "It's okay, we've been trained. Mere laxatives won't work on us" He mentioned cooly as he walked away.

They continued walking around the exam site, trying to see who would be interesting. That was when, they saw a guy's arms turn into flowers.

"Well, see? No smoke or mirrors here" A familiar voice purred.

"Hisoka! Long time no see! Where's the blood at though? Why is there no blood when he has no arms?" Killuko asked curiously, making others look at her as if she was some kind of monster.

"Princess, you sure do like blood a lot, what if I kill that little boy there-" He said pointing at Killua, but before he could continue, he felt a strong wave of aura.

"If you lay a finger on him, I'll kill you. Right here, right now." The immense ren caused everyone to shiver, some even fainting as they didn't know how to use ten.

'Scary~' Hisoka thought, putting on his pedophile face while licking his lips.

That strong surge of power given by the small female, however, attracted a young boy's attention.

"Hey! My name is Gon, and these people are Kurapika and Leorio! What's your name?" The cheerful voice from the young male almost made Killuko melt, making her forget that she was angry, and the amount of potential she could see in the boy made her interest grow.

Killuko stared at Gon for a long moment, analysing him thoroughly, ignoring the two teenagers Gon also had introduced.

"You have really spiky hair!" Killuko exclaimed in an extremely cheerful voice. She reached out for Gon's hair, touched it, and squealed at how cool it was.

"I'm Killuko, 11 this year!" Killuko answered enthusiastically. "Wow! That's amazing! I'm 12!" Gon replied in the same tone. Those two immediately became buddies, and that was the start to an unbreakable bond.

"Killuko!" She heard Killua's voice shouting for her in worry, so she muttered a quick apology to Gon and immediately rushed over to her best friend / fiancee.

"Killuaaaa! I met this guy just now, and he's about our age! He seems very strong too! Can we be friends with him? Pretty pretty pretty pretty please?" Killuko exclaimed cheerfully, making Killua smile. But before he could answer, an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"So there are 405 examinees this year, anyone who wants to leave now, I'll give you a minute before the first phase starts." He stated with a monotone voice. However, none of the examinees budged.

"Very well, I shall lead you to the second phase."