Chapter 6

Galen's POV

After Nick left me with Nella, she had a small tub of warm water brought to the room so I could wash. It was heaven to feel warm water on my skin and the soapy rag made the itching of my scales lessen. It felt good to have all the years of dirt and filth washed off my body. I dried off with a nice fluffy towel and was given a long sleeved white night gown. It was a little too big for me but I didn't care. It was new clothes.

I hope Nick is alright. I really wanted to see him. But I am worried that when he sees my scales he will hate them. With that thought came other fears. Would he change his mind and send me back to the village? Would he have me killed? Or would he do it himself? And what would the king say about a demon being brought into his home? Being caught up in my own doubts and worries I did not notice the bedroom door open and someone came in.

But when I felt a hand cup my cheek, it startled me and I jumped. "Whoa, Galen. Your alright. Its only me." Seeing Nick's smiling face made my heart feel warm. But my fears came back. I stepped back from him with my head lowered. " I'm sorry your Highness" I murmur while hugging myself. I feel hot tears stream down my cheeks. I feel a pair of large hands cup my face, making my head rise back up.

"Galen please open your eyes. There is no reason for you to apologize to me. You have done no wrong. Tell me why you are crying." The look in his eyes was heartbreaking. I take a deep breath and let it out slowly. " I am a nobody you plucked off the dirty streets today. You brought me into your home and have treated me like something precious. I do not understand why.  There is something wrong with me since birth. My hair, eyes, and even my skin are different from everyone else. I have been hated and mistreated all my life. And now I have scales all over my body. They will frighten everyone and I will be sent away or killed because of my strangeness." After my rant I take a deep breath. That was the most I have spoken at one time in forever.

I watch Nick's face for his reaction but all I see is sadness. "Can I see them? Please?" Since he is the prince I cant refuse his request. I slowly lift my gown over my head and wrap it around my private area. " Oh sweet heavens Galen! They are beautiful, just like you. You are a precious jewel to me. You must believe that. And please call me anything other than 'Your Highness', I hear that enough already." He chuckles.

"Here, let me help you get your gown back on." He reaches for the cloth around my waist. I watch as he scrunches it up in his hands until he reaches the sleeves. " OK, arms up." I raise my arms and he puts them through the holes and over my head. I lower my and released the breath I did not realize I had been holding. Suddenly he grabs my arms a pulls me to his chest hugging me. I let a few tears escape my eyes. Wrapping my arms around his back I whisper," this is nice."

Pulling his head back enough to look at me he asks, "what does?" With a smile I say, "hugging." "Well you are going to love this." Before I could ask what he meant he kissed me on the lips. I was shocked. I didn't know what to do. I had never been kissed before. After a moment he started to move his lips on mine. Realization hit. He was showing me what to do. So I follow his lead. His tongue entered my mouth and rubbed against mine. I moaned from the shiver that traveled through my body. When the need for breath was too much we broke apart, breathing heavily.

"Wow that was incredible," Nick said with his eyes huge. I giggled and said "yes Nicky, I did like that a lot." "Nicky?" he questioned at the nickname. "Yeah you said to call you anything else." "Oh ok. I like it. Well we need to get over to Asa's rooms. He wanted us to come so he could explain what you are." I watch as he grabs a blanket off of his bed a wraps it around me. "It is a little chilly in the halls." With that we exit the warmth of his room into a cool hallway making our way to Asa.

A/N: So my lovely readers here is chapter 6 for you. I hope you like it. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you all for your support.