Chapter 4: Nothing But Lies

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. But that's alright because I love the way you lie."

Chapter 4: Nothing But Lies

♕Selena's Pov♕

I woke up to my phone being blown up with texts and phone calls. Groaning after banging my head against my soft pillow, I forced myself to reach for my phone on my bedside table, "Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Thank God! I thought you were dead!" Cassie's relieved voice rang through my ears.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I did not want to explain why I had left without them.

"I see, what happened to you last night? Did you know a kid was murdered?"

I sighed, "Yeah, that's kind of why I left. I heard gun shots, so I just ran home!" there I go again.

Lying has never been my thing, but ever since I moved here that's all I've been doing.

"You should have called me, we would've taken you home"

I looked at the clock, "hey, I'll meet you at school we can talk then.." I hung up before she could say anything. What a crazy start.

Justin's POV

I pulled up in front of the school, everyone was already staring and pointing at me. They didn't know for a fact that I killed Tyler, but they assumed because of my record.

I ignored their stares and kept my eyes on the entrance, Selena and I need to talk. I don't know why I let her go back home, she's seen way to much. When I looked up Tyler's friends were glaring at me and giving me death stares, it pissed me off but I couldn't deal with them right now.

The whole gang found out about Selena, and they want me to take care of it and make sure she doesn't say one thing to anyone about the murder she just witnessed.

♕Selena's POV♕

I took a quick shower, then changed before running down stairs. My parents were watching the news, and all they seemed to be talking about is Tyler's death.

"Good morning sweetie..." I put on a smile, but all I want to do is run back up to my room and stay in my room and not talk to anyone today since I bet everyone today in town will be talking about Tyler's death and his murderer.

I hate the fact that I am now a witness.

Justin had killed that kid and I was there, I can't face him today.

"Bye." I grabbed the keys but my mom stopped me.

"We need the car Selena, but we can drive you" I shook my head and sighed.

"I'll just walk!" I waved again.

"Alright, be back for dinner!" I nodded my head. I looked over at Justin's driveway, but he wasn't there. I sighed with relief.

I looked down at the time, the wrist watch, and seeing the time I knew I ha to go. If I didn't start running now I would be late for school and I don't want my detention hours to increase.

As I got closer to the school I saw a few reporters, vans, and a lot of people crying. This Tyler guy must have been very popular, I looked down as I passed the cameras.

"There you are!" I felt strong arms pull me into the school building, and guess who it is? it was Justin.

I mentally wanted to bang my head against a wall. He is the last person u want to see right now.