six

Luke grabbed a piece of paper, a pen and had time all to himself to start working on a song, but couldn't think of too much off the top of his head.

He knew he was having trouble letting go of the past, and he remembered what Jenna had told him a couple of weeks back.

"If you love someone, let them go."

He wrote that down as one lyric.

That's a start.

He remembered running right out of Becca's house after seeing her with another guy. He felt like he was running for his life, and he knew getting away from what was then a toxic relationship was the right thing to do.

Run for your life and tell me I'm right.

He remembered the argument he had with Becca that might. He remembered how she tried to get him to stop being upset and mad at her, even though what they had was already gone.

Don't even try to tell me that I should just relax.

He couldn't come up with a rhyme for "relax" so he decided to skip coming up with the next line and tried to come up with something else for another part of the song.

He remembered when he saw Becca and how different she looked. She looked like a stranger with a disguise to cover up who she was until Luke looked her in the eyes and realised who she was.

Who could you be? Who's the girl behind those eyes? Just a stranger in disguise.

Maybe Becca was happier with the guy she was with while Luke was still hurting inside. She felt pleasure, he felt pain.

Is your pleasure like my pain?

He wrote down another lyric to rhyme with that.

Is your sunshine like my rain?

He thought that maybe Becca felt like her time with him was a waste, and like she threw everything away.

The old you is the ghost of what we had.

Did you erase it all from your past?

He loved every second that he spent with her when things were still okay in their "relationship."

All these memories make me feel like we were not a waste.

He felt numb without her at first.

When everything felt numb.

He didn't know what or who could take her place.

Tell me, who could take your place?

He did everything he could for her and put everything he had into whatever they had going on, despite how many times she let him down.

Just for you...

By that time it was already late at night, so he stopped working on the song, but he knew he would come back to it again very soon.