Chapter 3

"Kade did you hear that it sounded like a cry for help." The two wolves trailed through the forest. The red muscular male stopped in his tracks and looked at the small petit she-wolf.

"Where did it come from?" Kade asked, his muscular frame overshadowing the small she.

"Kade come here. It looks like tracks." The she-wolf pressed her moist nose to the paw prints and inhaled the scent.

"There fresh, definitely a wolf passed by not long ago." "But judging by the paw tracks, they must belong to a pup no way a full grown wolf will have paws that small."

Kade barked." But why would a pup be out by its self? Especially in this time of year, that pup will be vulnerable to bears."

Before the she could speak back, a gust of wind blew. "Kade the scent is close by we better go."

Without hesitation, kade ran towards the source of the scent, with the she shortly following in.

"Kade its a pup look." The she-wolf padded to the white pup, and rolled her over onto her side with her black noise.

"Rina is she moving?" Kade asked examining the small pup.

"She is still breathing but I think she is internally injured we better take her back to paps he will know what today."

Rina picked the pup up by her scruff and jogged back to her pack.