3

I woke up in a bed with the sun shinning through the window. I looked around the room for a clock, but there was none. It took me a minute that I've never been in this room before. It was painted hot pink with white furniture. There was large bookshelf with all my books. I was lying down on a nicely made bed, also white and pink. Next to the bed was a night stand with a candle and my other things. I stood up, putting my feet on the soft carpet. The room was about 15 by 18. In the corner was a table that held paper, paint, and a quill and ink. I opened a large white door that lead into a walk-in closet. It was filled with beautiful dresses, shoes, high heels, night gowns, and two large mirrors. Seeing that I was in my night gown, I changed into a hot pink dress that was very puffy. I slipped on a pair of black high heels and a black necklace with bracelets and earrings to match. I put on pink lipstick, mascara, and blush. So far this was the best dream I've ever had.

Then I heard a knock on my door. I took my getting to the door, and when I opened it Grace was standing there.

"You're OK!" she said, hugging me.

"Yeah," I said, "Isn't this dream wonderful! Pinch me!"

"OK." she said pinching me.

"Hey that hurt," I said grabbing my arm.

"Pinch me." I pinched her. "Hey!"

"OK, maybe this isn't a dream," I said.

"Then what is it?" she asked. Just as she did my parents walked up to us. My Mother was wearing a crown with a beautiful, light purple dress. My Father was also wearing a crown with baggy pants and a white shirt.

"Hello," said my Mother with a very formal voice. "I see that you are both awake.

"How are you feeling?" asked my Father.

"Fine," I answered. "But what is this?"

"This is our Kingdom," answered Mother. "This is where you will leave the rest of your life. You are the princesses of this kingdom. You are going to choose the name, too. The rooms that you woke up in, are your rooms."

"How did we get here?" I asked.

"Last night we took you all through the portal to this new land." answered Father. "Everything thing you owned is here."

"So this is our kingdom?" asked Grace, the most bewildered that I have ever seen her.

"Yes," answered Mother.

"Where's Joe?" I asked.

"In his room sleeping," answer Father.

"Show us some proof that this is our kingdom," I said.

"Follow us," said Mother. She lead us down a long hall in a room that was like a theater. On what looked liked a stage was five chairs. They started small and got bigger as they went across. They all had names carved into them. The one in the middle had "Emma" carved into it. The others read "Joe Jr.," "Grace," "Elizabeth," and "Joe."

"Are this ours?" asked Grace.

"Yes," answered Mother. 

"Is there, like, you know, a village?" I asked.

"Yes, would like to see it?" asked father.

"Of course!" shouted me and grace.

We followed my parents out through a door ten feet high, into a town of small houses. There were businesses left and right. Girls and boys playing in the street. Me and Grace ran into a store that sold dresses and jewelry and make up. After that we ran into the streets and was greeted by the kind people of our kingdom. I started to believe this was all true.

"Tomorrow, all the other kingdoms are coming here for a welcome back kind of party." Mother announced to the whole kingdom. The kingdom cheered. "We will greet them with respect and wear our best outfits."

"Are we really going to do this?" I asked.

"Of course," answered Mother. "Now, lets find you girls something to wear."