Chapter 17: Everything You're Not

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake, But I Am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

 Note: this is it! it's offiicially off of hold. I hope it was worth waiting for. Please vote and comment!! Hope you like it!! <3

Chapter 17: Everything You’re Not

               Chaos erupted the day things got out about my dad’s trial. I was getting calls from my parents and my team asking questions, the paparazzi were around me more than usual, and millions of people wanted an interview. I couldn’t get away from it. The only time I left the house was if I had to go somewhere that had something to do with the trial. I was afraid to otherwise. Dylan was always with me, which made the articles and rumors even worse. Some people thought it was putting a strain on our relationship while others claimed it was just making our relationship stronger. Some claimed to be body language experts and said they could tell by the way we were acting around each other that the trial was stressful on both of us and we wouldn’t make it much longer.

               I won’t lie when I say that some of my previous demons started coming back to me. I hated all the rumors that were going around, but I was getting too scared to do anything about it. The pressure is even worse than it was 3 or 4 years ago. I wasn’t famous then. I didn’t have millions of people trying to keep an eye on me at all times. A couple weeks into the research and starting to trial, Dylan and my manager convinced me to do an interview. It was a live interview that was being filmed during an afternoon show.

“Dylan, I’m scared.”

“It’s normal to be scared,” he told me, “but you can do this. You have to face them and tell them what’s really going on. I know this whole trial thing is taking a toll on you. I just don’t want you to go back to resorting to your old ways.”

“I won’t.”

“Really?” he said, “is that why it’s almost 1 o’clock in the afternoon and you still haven’t eaten anything?”

“I…uh…” I stuttered.

“Kay, you can’t do this to yourself again. You’re stronger than that.”

“I’m sorry,” I said, “I didn’t mean to, I just couldn’t…I couldn’t…I don’t know. I wasn’t hungry this morning and then my nerves started getting the best of me and I didn’t want to eat. It won’t happen again, I just..”

“Kay, calm down. It’s okay. Stop putting all this pressure on yourself. You’re going to do fine.” He pulled me into a hug just as they called my name. He quickly kissed me before I let go and walked out onto the stage where the interview was being held.

“Kayla Dane!” the interviewer hugged me, “you look great!”

“Thank you,” I smiled. We both sat down in chairs in front of the audience and she started the interview.

“So tell me a little bit about what’s going on here,” she said, “I know things have been kind of tough for you lately but nobody seems to have any specific details about it.”

“Yeah,” I started explaining, “my life has always been a little complicated. Everyone found out about my sister faking her death or whatever not too long ago, but then after she was killed I found out that wasn’t the truth either.”

“What do you mean?”

“My dad isn’t the bad guy. Everyone thinks he is and sure he’s made some mistakes in his life, but I can guarantee you that he doesn’t deserve to be in jail right now. He’s innocent. I can’t release any details, but my sister’s the bad one here. She took my brother and I for advantage. “