Chapter 19: Hold Up

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake, But I Am Unbroken Now
Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 19: Hold Up

“DYLAN!” I said in a high voice.

“DYLAN!” I changed to a low voice.

“DYLAN!” I screeched. After a few different voices, he came in the room laughing.

“You’re having way too much fun with all those bizarre voices,” he said.

“I know,” I giggled.

“So what is it?” he asked.

“I’m scared.”

“That’s understandable. It’s the night before you go to court to fight for your dad’s freedom. It’s normal to be nervous.”

“I know,” I muttered, “I can’t stop thinking about it. I’m not going to get any sleep this way.”

“Come here.”

               I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hugged me and picked me up off the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he carried me through the house. When I felt my back touch the bed, I crawled under the blankets and snuggled with my pillow. I felt Dylan pull me towards him a few minutes later as he snuggled into me.

*Trial*

               When the time finally came I’m pretty sure I stopped breathing. The jury handed the judge the piece of paper and my dad and the other lawyers all stood up and we waited for the results.

“We find Benjamin Dane…” I held tighter onto Dylan’s hand, my eyes not leaving the judge.

“We find Benjamin Dane innocent. He has done his time required for a crime committed purely in self-defense for the protection of another person. He may be released as soon as possible.”

I’m pretty sure I jumped out of my seat and in second Dylan was hugging me. Dad immediately turned around and raced up to hug him.

“You’re free!” I smiled. When I pulled away, he was smiling too.

*End of Trial*

               Because Dad didn’t feel comfortable moving back into his house yet, I offered to let him stay with us too until he can find a job of some kind so he can move out. I never realized how crazy things were going to get having two people now staying at our house. It was like Dylan and I had become the parents of the house and we were in control of everything else. Dylan was only taking one class this semester so we could both figure out stuff at home.