Chapter 1 : 1982

She was one of the two girls of her promotion at College of Technology, Houston's University, this 5th September 1982. She had a bachelor's degree of Science in Digital Media, her desire was to be a part of a company to create softwares, or even to create her own company. She had the dream to create her own company and keep increasing sales of computers alongside with softwares. She had the dream to be free, become someone else than a housewife. Her purpose was, somehow, different from the dogms of this time. She was very singular, there was no girl like her.

    Karen Walden was this girl. A sort of Wonder Woman. She was brave, strong and independant, she was someone people enjoyed to talk with. Her hair was naturaly wavy and auburn with shades of red, going down her shoulders. She had mesmerizing eyes that could never be described, their color was never clear. Sometimes green, sometimes blue, sometimes grey, sometimes brown. People saw Karen as the perfect woman of her time, uncomon but able to change the Future of Technology. No one actually knew that Karen, although being this brave and strong 22 year old woman, was actually wounded, shy and affective.

- " Behind the beast hides a child. "

    Karen had no relatives. She had no parents. In July 1969, only a few days after she turned nine, her, her younger sister Rachel and her parents were involved in a carcrash. Rachel got killed in the shock. Her mother died following that moment, her father, two days later, leaving Karen alone with no relatives. Karen was placed in a household, the Walden. Her neighboors, an old couple. They helped her to realize her dreams. They helped her to live, to become what she expected to be. Someone different. Karen attended to Houston's University at the age of 18, and had the best education she ever needed. She was about to become what she wanted once she stepped in her new Progamming Class with Becky, the other girl of her promotion only made of boys.

    Facing her, she had her professor. A well built man, very tall compared to her. He was wearing a suit, his hair was perfectly brushed. He was talking about the programation of a new type of software for a book research, which was exclusive for that time. The professor longly explained how to make the software work, which caught Karen's attention. She watched him, taking notes, while Becky was simply drawing her professor she found handsome.

-Mr. MacMillan ! a student interrupted Joe in his speech, How do we commercialize such a software ? I mean, people couldn't even believe they can find books by an another way than going in a Library.

-Someone's got an answer ?

    People shook their heads. It wasn't the first time a student asked this kind of question to Joe MacMillan. The archetype of the American Winner, the worker, who had everything for himself except kindness. Joe observed his classroom and quickly noticed that Karen was trying to find an answer. He pointed her. Karen could not understand how people would use those hard codes for such a simple thing that was " SEARCH :/[title]/[autor]/([year])/ ". That was the code she had in mind, the code that would be universal.

-You, on the fourth row. I see you have an answer. he smiled

-I'm not sure but I think it would be a big step forward if, after testing, we'd adapt the software to random people. I mean, we are programmers, but not everyone can understand the way we create softwares. A publicity to put the fact that the program is easy to use on a computer is the best way to promote the sales.

-Keep going.

-We have to make random persons test the softwares and give their own opinion on that. People will tell us what to change to increase the accessibility and will spread the informations, which would complete the ads. BOOK SEARCHER would be easier to commercialize if we link Costumer with Ads.