Autor's note

Hello dear fellas and thank you for reading to that point ! I hope you enjoyed this story, one of my last great works for a while I think. I'll have a hard year so I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep working. I'm planning to work back on my other stories and also to publish the rococoish one in a while, but I'm not sure you will like it since it's SO FRENCHY. haha

As you might have noticed, I made Joe die in 2016 from a cancer. Since the last season of Halt and Catch Fire is just out (and I didn't watch it yet), I didn't want to make any finality to this character which isn't mine at all, but something turned on hope and on the turnover (Joe was a professor in Houston, so did Karen in New York) of the story which linked the two main characters. Joe remains in Karen as the example and she makes him appear almost like a legend. Isn't that what Joe is ? A legend ? Again, Joe isn't my character.

You might have noticed the presence of Mads Mikkelsen in the story as Trevor Walden. He's also a part of my following story about the XVIIIth century. Mads had a father figure I wanted to give to Karen, since she is all alone most of the time. And the man playing Ian is Alexander Vlahos (Versailles, Merlin, Truth or Dare..). I just found him perfect to play a kind man, having a sweet face like the hero. Karen's ideal soulmate, since he lived almost the same life. No need to highlight that he will also be a part of my following story.

I'm very sorry if I didn't underline the evolution of technology during the 80's, I tried my best but since I'm a pure idiot in informatics... I tried a thing and that perhaps worked, no clue. For the events that happened in the story, such as the drunk nights or being high in public without anything.. I based myself on the French subculture and on how my relatives lived that time. Sorry if it's not accurate !

Don't forget that this fiction is written without anything taken from the 4th season of Halt and Catch Fire. So if another ending comes out, if someone dies in the show and is still present here.. I'll be very sorry since I like my stories (especially fan fictions on a show) being accurate with the context. Once again, Joe MacMillan doesn't belong to me. I won't say it enough times. XD (EDIT 20/10/17 : Gordon is dead in the epilogue.)

Anyway thank you for reading this story, for voting and commenting. This is, for now at least, the last story with Lee Pace (or any of his characters) I'll write, having some other plans like, as I said before, she rococoish story which would be named " The Curse of the de Bel Air ". Poison, gore, violence, sex and love ... welcome to the old France. Planning to publish it in December if the time allows me to do so.

Thank you very much for your support guys I love you all.

Kisses !!!