ii | Hardworking Ninja

And so the labor began.

Jay wore a protective helmet and goggles similar to Nya, just in blue. He ran back and forth to grab the four pizza boxes stacked on his boss's hands and place them on the back of his moped.

Despite being in his ninja gi, he was still treated as a minimum-wage paid employee. The bearded man shouted, "If you're late, no tip!"

So he delivered that pizza as fast as he could. Fortunately, when he arrived at the recipient's house, a kind-appearing man with a slight mustache smiled and handed him a few dollar coins.

Jay smiled.

Cole decided to keep it PG and guarded the city bank. Someone decided to underestimate him and tried running off with a bag of cash.

He was easily able to stop him. The bank manager smiled at his work, though extended his hand out.

The ninja tried shaking his hand. The manager pulled it away before pointing it at the bag in his other hand.

Cole lightly grinned and gave him the bag.

Zane had it pretty easy at the restaurant. A couple sat in front of him, watching as he precisely cut a cucumber into slices along with a steak.

They smiled at his perfection.

Kai circled an address on the newspaper he formerly read before lifting his hood. It didn't take long for him to head to the location.

When the door opened after he knocked, he found not only a mother inside, but a few children with party balloons and the brightest grins on their faces.

Scarlett was dressed in a pair of blue skinny jeans and a black cross-cutout halter crop top. She wore plain, black high heels.

She smiled as cameras flashed in her face. She struck many different poses.

A part of her had actually missed this scenery. And in a few days, she found herself in one of the teen stores for clothing advertisement.

Overall, they seemed to be making pretty good progress. As the boys gathered their pay into a jar, Lloyd did his best to make use of the training equipment that slowly built up in the room.

Though without the ninja there to actually train him, he couldn't do much.

Of course, there would be bad days. Jay was about a minute late on an order and just had to encounter an impatient customer.

Cole assumed a poor old woman had stolen money on her. The second he placed a hand on her shoulder, she whacked him with her purse. His manager watched in disappointment.

At first, Zane seemed to be boring his customers. But thanks to the switches in his arm, he was able to serve them delicious food in seconds, which made them cheer.

And Kai was just the victim of abusive children. They beat him up like he was a rag doll.

So maybe it wasn't the best of times.

¤ ¤

Lloyd punched the bag. It swung back and forth before smacking him right in the face. He fell.