5

It's about seven when the twins drop me off at home. The car ride here was tense, Blue didn't say a single word and Luce was trying to have 'casual' conversation. I didn't get it, I thought the least we'd done was sort everything out temporarily.

As I unlock the door I cringe as I remember not telling my mom I would be home later.

Before I can open the door it's pulled open from the inside and I freeze as I see who's standing in the doorway.

"Dad"? I whisper under my breath.

My dad is in the Navy and he'd been gone for about nine months. He wasn't due home for a few more weeks and seeing him standing here now I can't help the tears forming in my eyes.

"Oh those eyes never fail to take my breath away," he says scooping me into a hug.

I hold onto him and let myself become his little girl again. The one who was pure and had teeth too big for her mouth.

"I missed you so fucking much," I mutter into our hug.

He laughs deep and heartily which brings a smile to my face.

"What's new Pikachu," he smiles as we walk into the house.

"Please don't. I hate that nickname," I mutter with a small smile.

"Why? Because in elementary you were so obsessed with Pokemon that you'd insisted on being Pikachu for halloween," my mother smirks walking out of the kitchen. "Every year".

Groaning I stomp upstairs and change into my cozy Harry Potter pajamas. Gryffindor of course.

"Carina I think we should get the photo album out, I don't think we've embarrassed her enough," I hear my dad yell to my mom.

"Oh yeah and I can upload them to instagram and tag her school so all of her friends can see too," my mom adds on.

I run down the stairs with wide eyes.

They both look at me and laugh as if they've just told the best joke ever.

"You two," I say pointing between them. "Are evil".

The doorbell rings and I look to my parents in confusion.

"Oh, I ordered pizza," my mom says digging in her purse and handing me some cash.

As I open the door I notice immediately that this pizza guy is beyond beautiful. He looks like the lovechild of Dylan O'brien and Dave Franco. I mean, what the hell that only happens in movies and cliche romance novels.

"Uh, $20.52," he mutters as I stand there gaping at him.

Way to go Zelda, you finally find a cute guy that doesn't go to your shit school and you mess it up by staring at him like some kind of zoo animal.

"Sorry," I mutter after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence.

I hand him the money my mom gave me and he gives me the pizza. As he begins to walk away I sigh at what could've been. Zelda and super hot pizza guy, the hottest new couple around.

"You don't go to Randall High do you?" the hot pizza guy says as he pauses at the bottom of the steps.

Come on Zelda, a higher power has given you a second chance. Don't mess it up.

"N-No," I stutter mentally slapping myself. "I go to Newton".

"Figures. I would've remembered seeing you," he smiles.

Okay, that was hot.

I raise my chin and smirk feeling a sudden burst of confidence. "You could see me a lot more".