Story #3-To the World Above (Told by Jack)

As the worlds faced their trials, the time to merge drew near. Since the end of Bree and Peter's tale, it had been peaceful in the world for a decade. That was until trolls and giants struck against the smallest kingdom in TerraNeil–the Kingdom of Channah.

The trolls and giants came out of their caves in various parts of the sky with the giant, Kara, as their leader. She was a fearsome creature who sought revenge, for she and her kin were considered abominations. The first giant was created by a nature fairy who was also a skilled wizard. He hoped to create a breed of elves immune to sickness and diseases that had killed so many of them in the past. He wanted them to be stronger and serve the land as unstoppable warriors. The results were fruitful at first as he had a male and female elf drink the potion. However, the size of the new species was unexpected, yet their strength was increased and their immune system was stronger. He thought he had saved the elf population.

But then there were the unwelcome side effects. The two elves were no longer the same people they once were. Their sense of duty and caring hearts diminished. In its place was greed and hunger. They grew a taste for fairies, and it was too late for the nature fairy to correct his mistake before he became the first of their victims.

It wasn't long before the troll and giant were hunted down, so they took to the caves to hide. They repopulated, expanding their numbers. Through the years, some were captured and sentenced to live on Dark Island with the bleeding malsons and TerraNeil's worst criminals. Others were killed on sight. As the race was divided, their willingness to work together faded as well as their ability to communicate.

It was the trolls and giants who knew how to speak that posed the biggest threat. And after the troll, Trolgar, escaped Dark Island with Peter's help, he and his wife were determined to increase their wealth and prove they were the supreme beings of the world. Their first target–the Kingdom of Channah. The weakest and smallest kingdom in TerraNeil.

Trolgar's wife, Kara, led a party of trolls and giants to the sky island, promising their days living in caves were over. It was time for them to live in a palace surrounded by gold. The day of their siege was horrific as the townspeople screamed in fear. Messengers tried to leave but were quickly stopped. Pixies were captured to prevent the flow of magic and pegasuses' wings were snapped. Later, the flying horses would be another filling meal for the massive creatures.

Queen Prunella and her guards stood by the palace gates, defending the citizens who fled inside. All her life, Prunella was told giants and trolls were stupid and would never work together, but she had watched them perform an encirclement and cut off any channels she had to swiftly reach the High Kingdom TerraNeil or the Kingdom of Pari.

When Kara approached, she mockingly bowed to Prunella and said, "Thank you for keeping my throne warm for me, but I think it's time I claim it for myself."

Prunella snarled, "I doubt you would fit."

"Oh, I thought the Queen of Channah would be a bit more refined than this. Isn't this the kingdom of favor and grace?"

Prunella raised her blade higher in front of her, her glossy red hair and starry navy dress blowing with the wind. When she revealed her wings, they were the wings of a swan, matching the crest on her sword's handle. Despite the determined look in her eye and the firm guards that surrounded her, they were ill-prepared for a fight.

Within one swing, Kara flung Prunella's blade away with her bare hands. Kara then caught the fairy by the throat.

"Don't harm my people any further," Prunella choked, "I will give you anything."

Kara smiled as she plucked the beautiful hair ornament off of the queen's head, "Oh, I don't need to make a bargain with you. Not after you're dead."

The knights attempted to save their queen, but just as she had easily fallen, they did as well. They became the royal dish that would be served at the giants and trolls' victory. The rest of the kingdom was booted out of the castle as the giants and trolls made it their home. Anyone who disobeyed them was eaten, and to keep things interesting, those citizens who ratted on the disobedient, got a small fortune of their own.

While Channah was suffering in silent horror and turning over on itself, a similar fate was spreading across Avani and Baldwin as the rate of witches and wizards spread. People grew anxious about their power. From the stories of Elsa down to the centaurs' curse, there was little trust in those who possessed knowledge of witchcraft. Therefore, the witch trials began when neighbors turned on neighbors. If found guilty, they would be burned at the stake. This call of action took place in Amishi and Hamilton legally. In Avani and Derwin, it was done illegally. Effa was the only kingdom that was completely safe for witches and wizards, making it known as the Kingdom of Witchcraft.

As Fictitious advanced to this dark age, our hero was yet again a young boy, this time a human boy of the age of fifteen. He resided on the outskirts of Effa and Derwin. He nor his mother had magic power, but his mom always told him that black magic should never be explored.