Chapter 2

Ians pov,

I got in my car and pulled out the driveway, tears welling in my eyes as I drove speedily down to the park. Pulling up on the side, I scrambled out the car, sprinting as fast as I could. My vision was blurred with tears as I began climbing the tallest tree in the park, the tree me and Anthony used the climb as teenagers.

"Why can't everything be simple... why can't he just understand." I sobbed, my tears splashing down to the ground as I climbed higher. giving up I sat down on a branch of the tree, leaning against the trunk.

I sat there, listening to the sounds of the trees, the birds and the distant cars, trying to block everything that had happened from my mind.

"Ian, just f*cking stop this!" I heard a familiar voice sigh. I looked through the branches and saw Anthony crossing the road.

"Go away." I sceamed weakly, feeling too rejected and hurt to fight with him.

"Ian, It's so pathetic. I don't understand why you just went running like a fricking preschooler out the house! Is this about kalel?" Anthony half laughing, making me think that he didn't even care about me.

I stayed slilent, watching him walk across the road. The next few seconds were a blur. I heard the deafening sound of a cars breaks and a scream...

I sat there frozen as time seemed to stand still. I jumped down from the tree and sprinted over to Anthony, tears streaming down my face.

"Anthony." I whispered raspily, unable to find my voice as I looked at the bloodied body on the ground.

"No..... Anthony!" I screamed out, but it only came out as a gasp. I sank down next to him, pulling him close to me and looking down at his lifeless face. My heart seemed to snap, guilt surging through me as I realized this was all my fault. though, I could hardly believe what was happening. it all seemed like an endless nightmare.

The sounds around me, hushed to a gentle ripple of hums and the sights dimmed and faded as well, leaving only me and Anthony. ambulances pulled up around us, lights flashing everywhere but none of it mattered... my life was empty without him.

I looked at the ground as the doctors lifted Anthonys body into the back of the ambulance. I heard a faint sound of them saying that his heart had stopped and I broke down in tears. He was gone... the man I love, the one I need.