chapter 10

Ian's pov,

I froze, closing my eyes as I kept my lips on Sky's. I wanted to keep them there but my heart started pounding again, racing quickly with nerves and pain from fear of being rejected.

I pulled away, looking down at the ground as I backed away from Sky, almost fearfully.

"Sorry Ian I didn't mean to...kiss you." he murmered, giving me a gentle smile. I gulped and looked back at him timidly.

I stepped closer to the stove, making the meatballs quickly. Avoiding eye contact with sky, I served the food on plates and put them on the table, sitting across from him.

looking down at the ground I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I blinked them away quickly and looked up at sky, my heart almost jumping from the sight.

He was smiling at me, the smile that reminded me so much of Anthony. the smile I loved.

I trembled slightly and couldn't bring myself to look away.

"Your eyes are beautiful." Sky whispered making me realize he was staring at me too. He smiled wider with a small comforting chuckle.

"And I know I've said that to you before but....it's the truth."

My heart warmed slightly at the words and I blushed, feeling even more nervous.

"I..um there no-" I stopped as sky cut me off.

"Yes they are. they're honestly the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. everytime I look into them I feel like...I'm lost out at sea." sky whispered, gazing into my eyes with an expression I couldnt read. it was a kind, gentle expression making my heart flutter slightly.

I blushed and didn't realize him walking up to me. He held out his hand as a slow song came on the radio. I looked up and wiped my tears.

Sky smiled and looked down at me.

"Come on. It's okay don't be afraid." he said tenderly, looking down at his hand.

I lifted my own hand nervously and took skys as I felt him pull me up out of my seat. I froze as he put his hand on my waist making me look up with wide eyes.

"Relax. I got you." he whispered, beginning to sway to the music. I found myself smile, realizing that he only wanted to dance with me.

"I-I've never danced to a slow song before." I admitted, beginning to move gently with Sky.

I watched with a blush as he raised an eyebrow.

"Really? It's okay just follow my movements." I chuckled slightly and followed where skys feet went, starting to enjoy myself.

I yelped, suddenly tripping over my feet falling clumsily into Sky arms. I blushed darkly as he held me, hearing him chuckle.

He danced with me over to the couch and twirled me around, making me giggle. I gasped as he pulled me close to him, singing the last few words if the song.

I looked into his eyes and suddenly felt safer than I had felt in ages, feeling like everything was alright again. I smiled and sat down on the couch with a yawn.

"Here. I'll go grab you a blanket."

My heart thudded against my chest as I started to wonder whether to stay the night. my eyes were already half closed though as I felt sky cuddle next to me, making me drift off with a small smile on my face.