chapter 4

Ian's pov,

I sat up in bed just staring at the wall, my eyes stinging from the endless tears I had wept the night before, just like every night. I saw Anthonys death every time I closed my eyes, like it was perminantly stamped on my mind.

   I slid out of bed, and got dressed realizing I hadn't been out for a week since Anthonys death, let alone talked to anyone. Just to stop myself from going mad, I grabbed my jacket and walked out the house deciding to go for a walk.

Wondering around for a bit, I found myself heading towards the park, bringing tears to my eyes as all the memories flooded back into my brain. I sat down on the swing, tears rolling down my cheek and onto my lap. I just had to admit to myself that he was gone, I had to get over him.

Without looking up I felt some one sit on the swing beside me.

"Hey." The stranger said, his voice sounding oddly farmiliar.

I ignored him and stared at the ground, swinging myself gently. I fought back his tears not wanting to cry in front of the stranger.

"Nice day right?" I heard the man continue, feeling his gaze on me.

"Look I'd rather be left alone..." I trailed off as I lifted my head. I frowned looking at the man in fascination. He had dark brown hair with dyed red highlights. he also had large warm brown eyes with contrasted nicely with his slightly muscular build. He reminded me a lot of some one but I couldn't work out who.

"So... like, what's up?" he asked with a grin, causing me to shrug and look down at the ground again sadly.

"Nothing really." I sighed, playing with my hands in my lap. there was a slight pause before I heard the man speak again.

"I'm sky. What's your name?" he asked cheerfully.

"Ian." I mumbled, not in the mood to have a conversation. I looked up at the trees sighing sadly.

"Nice name. You okay?" Sky asked, slightly more gently this time. I gulped down a sob and looked up at him, shaking my head. I suddenly burst into tears right in front of him.

     I don't usually ask for comfort from complete strangers but for some odd reason, Sky seemed to be generally caring and... some one who I needed at the moment. I stiffened as I felt sky wrap his arms round me, but then relaxed into the hug.

"Shh.... it's okay I'm here." he whispered against my head. I jolted up, breaking the contact at once.

"I... I'm going goodbye." I said with a frown before running away quickly. nobody ever is here for me, that's why Anthony left. I can't handle getting left alone again.