Chapter 14: Nirvana

Nazneen's Point Of View

  The day I've been absolutely dreading. A new school. Everyone already knows everyone and here I am. I quickly decide on ripped jean shorts and a scalloped halter top that I got when I went shopping with E in summer. I rub my locket while I look in the mirror. I slide on my converse and take my binder full of binders and notebooks and carry it downstairs with me. Em in sitting in the kitchen, drinking coffee and looking through a catalog. She looks up at me and smiles.

       "Nash is taking you to school today right?" She asks and I nod."Just walk over there I guess. He's picking you up too?"

  I nod again.

       "Ok then. See you after school." She says.

       "Bye." I say before closing the front door.

  I walk over to Nash's and open the door.

       "I'm here." I say loudly.

  Nash jogs down the stairs, wearing his Ramones muscle-tee and jeans.

       "Hey." I smile.

       "Hey." He says.

I peck his cheek and take his hand. We walk out to his car and get it.

       "This bag weighs more then you." I say.

       "I hope you're not calling me fat." He smiles before stopping at a red light.

       "I would never." I laugh.

       "I'm going to take you out Friday."

       "Is the Nash Grier asking me, Nazneen Morel, on a date?" I say sarcastically.

  He nods and brings my hand up his lips and kisses it softly. I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. He's like my nirvana.

       "And you are here. Peep the name." He says.

       "Alexander Hamilton High School." I say laughing.

       "Funny right?" He raises an eyebrow.

       "Very." I say sarcastically.

  He leans over the center console and kisses me.

       "Have a good day at school babygirl." He says.

       "I'll try." I say before getting out and slinging my backpack, which is heavier than
Jacob Sartorius, over my shoulder.

  I start walking and wave bye to Nash as he pulls out. I turn around and completely lose all hope. Everyone eyes me as I walk inside. I find the main office and walk up to the desk.

       "Hi." I smile.

  The secretary smiles back.

       "Hello dear. How can I help you?"

       "I'm new." I purse my lips.