Chapter 28: Thanksgiving

Nazneen's Point Of View

Nash, Will, and Hayes are playing video games in the basement and I'm helping Elizabeth with everything. I'm mashing potatoes as Elizabeth is vlogging. I add some butter and milk and keep mashing. Nash comes into the kitchen and kisses my cheek, making a loud noise.

"Why are you so excited about?" I ask him.

"I just love you." He says, kissing me again.

I shake him off.

"I love you too." I smile as I bang the mashed potatoes off the masher.

I put it in the sink as I set the mashed potatoes next to the squash on the long serving table. Nash takes my hand as people start coming into the kitchen to serve themselves. I put turkey, stuffing, corn, and mashed potatoes together and topped it off with gravy. It's a signiture dish called the pile. I pour myself some cran-apple and sit down at one of the many seats at the table. Nash sits next to me and Elizabeth was adjacent from me, being the head of the table. The long table fills up quickly and everyone has a good time, chatting with one another.

"So you are Nash's infamous girlfriend." Someone spoke to me.

I look up to find a guy around Nash's age talking to me.

"Naz this is my cousin Peter." Nash says.

"Hi." I smile at him.

"Last year he brought Stas. Before that it was Taylor." He explains and Nash looks down.

"Taylor was my favorite. You look a little like her. Let's see how long Nash uses you. A 17 year old girl." He says.

Elizabeth clears her throat. Everyone was looking at me now. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Peter." Nash warns.

He shrugs.

"Nash doesn't look at you the way he looked at Taylor. Or Stas matter-o-fact." He laughs.

I excuse myself and run upstairs. I lock myself in the bathroom and start to cry. I could never be as good as Taylor was. Even his family knows that. I feel a light knock on the door.

"Nazneen?" I hear Nash.

I open the door and wrap my arms around him. I sob into his sweater.

"Oh baby." He rubs my back."You know I love you. So so much." He says.

I nod.

"Let's go watch something." He says, walking me back into him room.

He hands me his phone and it's on the video he made with Buzzfeed. I press play. It was a Q and A.

"How does your girlfriend make you feel?" The interviewer asks.

"Oh Nazneen." He laughs."She's amazing. I didn't know what change was until she came around and I fell in love with her. She can make me smile and laugh on a daily basis. I don't know where I'd be without her. I'd probably wouldn't be so happy all the time. She makes me so happy. Sure she's like my mom sometimes but I love her for it. When she does the little things like remind me to cut my hair, it just makes me appreciate her so much." He says.

I pause the video and put his phone next to me. I strattle him and wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly. I pull away and he brushes my hair out of my face. He leaves him hand on my cheek and I put my hand over his. He kisses me lightly. I wrap my arms around him again and he lays down.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He says and we fall asleep like that, me in his arms.

We wake up and it's already 3 in the afternoon. He takes my hand and we go downstairs. Elizabeth, Johnnie, Skylynn, Hayes, Will, Jeanne, and Ellie were outside. Once Elizabeth sees me she hugs he tightly.

"I'm so sorry Naz." She says.

"It's not your fault." I say.

She pulls away and I sit in front of Ellie's saucer. I play with her as Hayes, Will, and Nash play football and Sky cheers for them with Jeanne. I take Ellie out of the saucer, due to her cries, and bouce with her. She falls asleep against my chest and I sit down in a wooden rocker. I run my fingers over her soft hair, admiring her from above. I hum softly to her as we rock back and forth. I close my eyes and take in everything. Months ago none of this was mine. I wasn't dating the most amazing guy, I wasn't holding his niece, I didn't have an amazing second mom, I wouldn't have any of this. But I'm okay with it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Right now. Hearing Skylynn's laugh fill the air along with her brothers, hearing Hayes call to Nash that he was open, just everything.

"Hey." A heavy-breathing Nash says.

I open my eyes and smile.

"How many kids do you see yourself having?" I ask him, rubbing Ellie's cheek with my finger.

"3." He says, pulling up a chair and sitting across from me.

"I've always wanted 3 too." I say quietly."Do you see that with me? A future? With kids?" I ask worried.

"I've only every seen such a thing when I'm with you." He says.

I smile and he leans over and presses his lips against mine.

"I love you." I say when he pulls away.

"I love you too." He says.

Everyone else comes over and joins our small party. Jeanne smiles and takes Ellie, leading her into the living room to put her in her crib.

"You're amazing with her." Nash kisses my hand.

I smile at him. I take out my vlog camera and point it at myself.

"So this was my first ever video and you are going to see this on Monday. Go like if you love Kian and JC and sub if you know I got famous off my boyfriend and friends. Ok bye guys. I love youuu. Vids on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 2 Cali time, 5 east coast time." I kiss my hand and put it over the camera, turning it off in the process.