Chapter 1 - The Phone Number

Chelsey's P.O.V

"One Direction! One Direction!" The crowd cheers loudly, sounds of shreiking girls clouding my thoughts. It's the end of the boys' tour, and me and my best friend, Georgia are waiting outside Liam's house to see if he'll or the other boys will come out. Immediately, I regret the idea. The boys deserve to have some privacy, after a long flight back home, and a series of encounters with screaking fans, they should be spending time with their family. But no, Georgia insisted that the only way for one of them to fall in love with us, was to show our support by "stalking them." I agree that I'd do anything to meet the boys, and they're my world, but destroying the only day when they can just relax is definitely not a "directioner" thing. It's total disrespect. I nudge Georgia, her straight blond hair fluttering around her shoulders and extending behind her. "I think we should leave..." I trail off, feeling like an idiot for even agreeing to come. Georgia peers at me, her icy but beautiful blue eyes shooting at me. "Chelsey, seriously? Why?" She puts on a fake, pouty face and crosses her lean and long arms. She continues on, "you're acting like a directionator." I'm seriously offended but pretend to brush it off. "Georgia, I am not. I just don't want to bother them when-" she cuts me off. "We're not bothering them. We're supporting them." I raise one eyebrow at her but she signals me to stop. She pulls out a piece of crumpled paper, there's blue pen scrawled across it, it reads my number. "What's that?" I wonder, suddenly suspicious. She sneers, "you're number...duh." I let out a deep breath, she's really aggravating, but I love her to death. Rain bounces off her stylish rain jacket.

I wait for her to reply with some more information. Finally, she says, "I'm going to slip our number's into his mailbox, okay?" she smiles. "Maybe then, they'll call us!" she giggles. I rub my eyes. "No, Georgia. I'd rather meet them and then-" she cuts me off again. "Who, knows? Zayn might even call me!" She starts to jump up and down, her beautiful face lighting up with excitement. I tuck my wavy brown hair behind my ears. "Or Liam, Louis, Niall or Harry..." I reply. She waves her left hand in the air, "Who cares about them? I just want my bradford bad boy." I glare at her, wanting to scream in her face for being so ignorant. All of the boys are perfect. "Georgia," I say calmly. "I don't want my number to be put in there." She sighs loudly and purses her lips, "whatever." She lets the piece of paper with my number on it go, it falls to the ground along with the rain drops. I scramble and try to retrieve it, not wanting some random stranger to end up having my number, but it scurries away across the pavement. I bend over and run after it, darting in and out of the masses of fans standing in my way.

Eventually, I lose sight of the small, crumpled paper and give up. What were the chances anyone would find it? And after the rainfall, the number would probably be unrecognizeable. I turn back to Georgia, defeated, and feeling guilty for bugging the boys. "I'm leaving," I mumble to her. Her perfect face doesn't even change, "Suit yourself," she shrugs.

Liam's P.O.V

I can hear the fans chanting our names from behind the sealed windows, I immediately feel guilty for them standing out there in the freezing cold, rain. I should probably do a twit cam soon, now that I think of it. I'm lounging on the couch, Niall right beside me. Harry and Lou are playing an intense game of Draw Something, and Zayn's flipping through the t.v channels. I stretch my neck and smile at Niall, his attention on the t.v. "Buddy?" I ask. His head snaps to me, "yeah?" I nod towards the window, "Isn't that crazy? All those dedicated fans...just waiting to see us?" He lets out a small laugh, "Pretty crazy." He smiles to himself once more and then looks back at the t.v, the repeatative laughing from a sitcom blaring through the speakers. Harry suddenly screams, "I knew it!" And shoves Louis in the arm, teasingly. Louis laughs and slits his eyes, "I declare a rematch." Harry rolls to his stomach and rests on his elbows, "Fine."

Zayn's P.O.V

I'm scrolling through twitter, reading a bunch of tweets from fans, it's sort of overwhelming the attention we're recieving from them. I'm just so grateful to have them. There's nothing really good on television, but it feels nice to just hang out with the boys without having to be so caught up in a carefully made schedule. I look over at Liam, he's laughing with Niall over something. Niall suddenly says, "We should get some Nando's." Louis gives him a high five and agrees. I get to a tweet about someone saying I'm dating an American girl I met a few weeks back, I disregard it. So many rumours were going around about us...I guess we all just need to get used to it.