Chapter Four: Secrets Are Being Kept

Sabine's P.O.V.

"Hey Mama, can I talk to you for a minute?" I heard Marinette ask beside me. "Give me one second and all three of us can talk." I smiled at my daughter, but I noticed something more off than just her hair being down. Handing the last customer their order I followed Marinette into the living room.

"What did you want to talk to us about dear?" Tom was already sitting on the couch. "Mama, Papa. The class is going to China at the end of next month." Marinette stood in front of the television. "That's great. Maybe you'll get to see some of your mother's side of the family there." Tom glanced at me.

Looking closely at Marinette, I noticed an odd piece of jewelry around her neck. "Where did you get that locket, dear?" I sat next to Tom. "It was in a box on my bed when I got home. It had a letter with it." She looked down at it almost longingly. Looking at Tom, he had a worried but knowing expression on his face.

"What all did the note say?" Tom shifted uncomfortably. "It basically just told me to keep it with me and that it would bring me good luck." She wasn't telling us everything. She was most likely confused about the rest of it so she didn't say it. "So why are you going to China?" I changed the subject quickly, taking direct attention off of the locket.

"The king and Queen invited us. I don't know why, but we were invited to stay for two months." Marinette sighed quietly. "Wow. I wonder why. Well, I guess you'll have to tell us while you're there." I smiled. "I'll call you guys every night." Marinette stepped over to us and gave us both hugs.

"That would be great. Now, go and do your homework and hang out with Alya." Tom smiled. "Thanks mama and papa." She ran back to her room. "Do you think she's changed enough that the assassins won't be able to notice her?" I became worried. "She'll be fine, Sabine. She can handle herself now." Tom grabbed my hand. "You're right. She isn't a baby anymore." I cuddled up next to him.

Marinette's P.O.V.

They are hiding something from me. I can feel it. I thought as I paced my floor while Alya talked to her mom. "Hey, you okay?" Alya spoke in my direction, making me jump. "Yeah, I'm just trying to figure something out." I let out a long sigh. "What is it?" Alya walked over to me.

"Well, for one what that letter meant and two what parents are hiding from me. I know they are, but I don't know what." I walked over to my desk to start on my homework. "I wouldn't worry about it too much Mari." Alya sat on the floor next to me. "I'll try." I nodded as I started my homework.

-Around Ten at Night-

"Hey girl, I gotta go. Ill see you at school." Alya stood up and gathered her things. "Alright, see you tomorrow Alya." I smiled as she walked out. "I hate to say this Marinette, but I'm kind of glad she left." Tikki came out of her hiding spot. "Me too. I need some peace." I giggled as I put my books and homework in my bag.

"Mari?! Are you awake?!" I heard a familiar voice from my trap door call out. Going up and opening it, Chat came tumbling into the room with one red and one black rose. "What were you saying about peace, Marinette?" Tikki giggled. "Yeah...." I sighed as he stood up. "For you, My lady." Chat handed me the two roses as he transformed back into Adrien.

"Thank you Adrien." I smiled as I accepted the roses. "You're welcome Mari." He smiled, sitting on my bed. "You aren't keeping any secrets from me, are you?" My tone went dead serious. "No, of course not." His voice sounded honest and true. I just smiled and sat down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder.

______________________________________
Hey guys, hows everyone doing today? I'd hope so. If you answer no I'll message you and send you tons of adorable baby animal pictures. ☺ (no joke) I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. Love y'all.

Word count: 726