Chapter Twenty-One: The Start Of A New Life

Marinette’s P.O.V.
Adrien and I just graduated from high school with the rest of our class roughly three weeks ago. After sitting down with Alya, Nino, Adrien, Mama, and Papa, we all decided that it would be best for me to leave Paris and continue to carry out my duties as Princess.

I was excited to finally be able to stay home with my parents, but I was saddened by the factor of leaving mama and papa behind in Paris. Of course, Alya, Nino, and Adrien are on the way home with me as we discussed when I first found out I was the Princess of China, but it felt different now that they would be staying in the palace with me.

“Earth to Marinette!” Alya waved a hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality. “Huh?” I looked at her, completely confused. “Did you hear a word I said?” Alya sighed. “Sorry, but no…” I hung my head. “I said that we’d be landing in a few hours and that you should get changed.” She smiled as she was in a red traditional dress.

“Oh, okay.” I stood slowly, grabbing a blue floor length dress from one of my bags. Walking over to the bathroom, I heard Tikki mutter something under her breath. “What was that, Tikki?” I looked at her once I got into the bathroom.

“I was just thinking, what are you doing to do about Alya and Nino? They don’t know you’re Ladybug and you’ll be living in the same palace now.” Tikki sat on the small counter as I got changed. “That’s a good point, but I can’t worry about that now. I’ll explain when the time comes.” I sighed.

“Just...don’t hide it if they find out. Just be truthful and tell Alya that she most definitely cannot put that on her Ladyblog.” Tikki tried to smile. “I’ll do what I can, Tikki. Thank you for always being here for me.” I smiled. “That’s what I’m here for.” Tikki flew into my purse before I walked out.

“Hey, Alya, um...can I talk to you for a minute…?” My heart raced as I went to face my best friend with my biggest secret yet. “Sure. What’s up?” Alya walked over. “Uh….Adrien, would you come with us please? I need support here…” My voice shook. “Sure, dear.” Adrien walked over. “In here.” I pushed them into a small side room where Nino wouldn’t hear us.

Opening my purse, Tikki looked up at me. All I had to do was nod and she understood. She quickly zipped out of my purse and sat on my shoulder. “Alya, I want you to meet someone.” Even my hands were shaking. “Who?” Alya looked me, completely confused.

“Tikki, this is Alya. Alya, this is Tikki.” I gestured to my little kwami. “Huh? Girl, are you crazy? There isn’t anyone there.” Alya set her hands on her hips. Sighing, I looked at Tikki who flew over to Alya and hovered in front of her face.

“Now do you see her?” Adrien laughed. “H-hi….who and what are you?” Alya’s face said it all. She was so not expecting that. “I’m Tikki, Marinette’s kwami.” Tikki smiled. “You’re a what?” Alya looked even more confused. “Um...here….let’s see if this makes it easier to understand, but you can’t tell anyone.” I looked at her sternly. “I’m your best friend, I wouldn’t say anything to anyone.” Alya smiled.

“Good. Tikki, spots on!” Transforming, I didn’t want to look up and see her reaction. “M-Mari? I-Is that really you?” I saw Alya take a step closer. “It’s me…” I sighed, looking up at her. “I can’t believe it….this is crazy. I’m crazy. I’m dreaming, right?” Alya stared at me.

“You aren’t.” Plagg flew out of Adrien’s jacket. “Who are you?” Alya looked worried now. “I’m Plagg, Adrien’s kwami. Do you have any camembert?” He sighed heavily. “Plagg, there’s some cheese in the fridge. It shouldn’t be too difficult for you to get to it. Here, Tikki, spots off. Go help Plagg with his cheese situation.” I smiled. As they both left, it was just the three of us now.

“So...if you’re Ladybug, then who are you Adrien? Why do you have a kwami?” Alya’s concern turned to curiosity rather quickly. “I would be the one and only Chat Noir.” Adrien smiled as he bowed. “Stupid cat….you don’t need to bow like that.” I giggled. “Oh, does my Purrincess not like it when I bow?” He hugged me.

“Knock it off. Down, kitty. Down, boy.” I smiled. “That explains a lot then. Like how the one night when I called you a year or so ago he called you “bugaboo”. It makes sense now.” Alya giggled. “Y-yeah…” I looked away, a blush forming on my cheeks. “Well, we should get back before Nino has a fit.” Alya smiled. “Yeah.” Adrien grabbed my hand before walking out of the room.

“Where did you guys go?” Nino stood up from his seat on the plane. “We just went for a short walk and talked for a bit.” Alya smiled. “Okay. Is it bad that I kind of hope that now we won't have to deal with all of the akuma attacks now?” Nino glanced between the three of us. “Well, I don't know about that. You never know what might happen.” Alya giggled quietly.

“Anyway, we should get ready to land soon. We don't have very long until we arrive at the airport.” I forced a smile. “Are you excited to finally be going home?” Adrien set a hand on my shoulder. “Of course….but I worry about mama and papa. Will they be alright?” I looked up at him. “They'll be fine. Just make sure you keep in touch with them.” Alya smiled at me.

“You're right. Thanks Alya.” I smiled back. “Princess, we should be arriving any time now.” The pilot’s assistant poked her head in. “Alright. Thank you, May.” I bowed slightly. She simply bowed in return and walked away without another word. Sighing, I sat down and waited for us to finally land back home. I couldn't wait to see my parents again.

I just hope everything goes well and I can relax for a little while before Hawk Moth finds out where I am. I need a bit of time off from akuma attacks. I thought, looking out the window. “You seem lost in thought, dear. Is everything okay?” Adrien sat down next to me. “Yeah, just hoping that we get a bit of a break before you know who starts things up again.” I sighed.

“I'm with you on that one. A well deserved break is needed before transitioning from the heroes of Paris to the heroes of China.” Adrien smiled, taking my hand in his. “Most definitely.” I smiled back. “We should be landing any second now!” Alya sat down in front of us. “I'm so excited!” I grinned. I can't wait to see the look on my parents’ faces when I arrive home.

______________________________________
Hey guys. So, I know the book seems really slow right now compared to how it was when i was publishing two or three chapters a day, but I've been busy lately with family things, so I'm moving a bit slower. Well, I hope you all have a miraculously amazing day, and I wish you all the best. Love y'all.

Word Count: 1,250