Chapter Twenty: Picture Time! 📸

Sabine's P.O.V.
"Marinette, can I talk to you for a minute?" I looked over at Marinette who has just finished eating. "Sure, mama. Is something wrong?" She looked up from the table. "When did you first start all of this Ladybug business and what is the reason for not telling us?" Tom stepped in for me.

"Well, I started all of this about two or three years ago now...it's been a while. As for the reason that I couldn't tell you? The master told us that no one is allowed to know our secret identities, even our partners, but that kind of fell through the one day and then you and mama found out because I passed out due to the amount of blood I lost because of an akuma attack." She sighed.

"Wow....um....who is your partner then?" Tom became rather curious. "That is for him to tell you, not me." Marinette glanced over at Adrien for a split second. "That would be me..." Adrien held up a hand shyly. "So you're the one that has protected our little girl this whole time?" I smiled faintly. "She's saved me more than I've saved her actually." He laughed quietly.

"I see. How did you two find out each other's identities?" Tom calmed down. "That's an interesting story, papa. Adrien can give you more details about that than I can." Marinette laughed. "Where do I start? Well, we had just finished defeating an akuma and her miraculous beeped and I grabbed her arm and begged her to stay..." Adrien started.

"Did she?" I looked between both of them. "Not quite. I ended up having to grab both of her wrists and kiss her to get her to stay long enough for both of us to transform back to how we are now and even then she freaked out and sat on the roof for a few minutes." He chuckled.

"Really?" Tom smiled, obviously finding this as adorable as I did. "Y-yeah...I kind of spaced out after he kissed me so I didn't fully realize things until we got back here and it still took until morning to wrap my brain around things." Marinette blushed.

"Oh you two are adorable. I'm so glad that Marlin and Adeline ended up marrying you two instead of putting you with the suitor that had set up for you." I smiled brightly. "Mama..." Marinette blushed harder.

"I am, too." Adrien took Marinette's hand in his. This was too adorable. "Tom, get the camera. I can't resist this. You two stay as you are." I instructed. Tom stood up and fetched the camera, snapping a few photos of the two of them holding hands.

By the end of it, Marinette was blushing like crazy and Adrien was laughing at how adorable she looked. I couldn't blame him, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. "Oh, look how precious. Our little girl and her husband." Tom smiled at the pictures. "Papa!" Marinette groaned in annoyance.

A loud crash near the bakery made all of us jump. "Oh please don't let that be an akuma....I was just starting to have a really good day!" Marinette yelled as she ran over to the door. "As always, My Lady, it is." Adrien sighed. "Mama, Papa, stay here, please. Tikki, spots on!" I watched as my little girl transformed into the heroine of Paris.

Fear gripped my heart, knowing that she was doing something as dangerous yet brave as this scared me so badly. I came to love her as my own daughter and to find out that she was the one saving Paris all along, it scared the living daylights out of me.

Marinette's P.O.V.
"Be careful, dear!" Mama called out as Chat and I ran outside. It's hard to be careful when someone can be so dangerous when they are under control of some evil mastermind. I was always as careful as possible, but sometimes it just didn't work out. For example, as soon as we ran out, we were met and I was slammed into a building by the akuma.

-After the fight-

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Chat ran over to me after all was said and done. "Y-yeah." I groaned in pain as I knelt down on the ground. "Are you sure? Do you need to go to the hospital? I have enough time as Chat to get you there if we leave now." He looked deeply into my eyes. "I'll be alright, love. Don't worry about me." I gave a weak smile.

"If you say so..." He carefully picked me up and carried me back to the bakery as I transformed back into my civilian form in his arms. "I'm sorry, Chat..." I set a hand gently on his cheek. "I know you aren't leaving me yet. Just hang in there and we'll get you taken care of." He transformed back into his civilian form.

"I'm trying to stay awake...but it's a struggle." I was desperately trying to keep my eyes open. "Just hang on, dear." He kissed my forehead before picking up his pace, walking faster. "I'm trying." I looked up at him. It wasn't long before we got to the bakery and he rushed me into the bathroom.

"Marinette, are you alright?!" I heard mama run in. "I'll be fine, mama." I groaned as a wave of pain hit me."You're badly hurt! You need to go to the hospital!" Mama's voice was filled with fear. "And what are you going to tell them?! Oh, my daughter is the heroine of Paris and she was hurt defending us?!" My anger spiked.

"That is a good point..." Mama sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I've been having problems with my anger lately and I don't know why." I looked away, tears stinging my eyes. "It's alright. You've been through a lot lately." Mama set a hand on my cheek very gently. "I still shouldn't have yelled at you..." I sighed. "It's fine, dear. Let's just worry about your wounds." Mama nodded to Adrien.

-Later that night-

"Baby, come back to bed. You need to rest." Adrien tried to pull me back in bed from my chair. "I can't sleep." I protested. "Then just lay here with me. You need to let your body rest." He continued to try to pull me. "Adrien..." I whined. "Please, dear?" He gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh...fine..." I gave in, laying down next to him. "See? Was that so difficult?" He wrapped his arm around me, trapping me.Cuddling into his chest, I closed my eyes and felt myself slowly drift off to sleep, letting the comforting darkness of the night take me from the exhausting light of the day.

______________________________________
Hey guys, I finally got this chapter uploaded. I've been so tired lately because of my nonexistent sleep schedule and doing a lot of work around the house lately. Hope all of you have a wonderful day. I'm gonna bug out. Love y'all!

Word Count: 1,177