Part 2

Man up, the voice in my mind keeps saying, just go up and talk to her, please. In this battle in the midst of my mind, I decide to reason with my fear of the unknown and just communicate with the beautiful, Elizabeth Cooper. I excuse myself from the table with Archie, he needed to go see his dad. Mr. Andrews is still in the ICU after the shot not only fractured his rib cage but also punctured his right lung. Not Important right now. I walk up to Betty, slowly making sure i can feel the heel of my feet against my old socks with holes of plenty and my Dad's old hiking shoes, he ordered them before my life went to shit. So it was durable and had nice leather on the inside. I tried to concentrate on that instead of my shaking left hand, quivering in the fear of these next few moments.

"Hey Betty." These words felt bland, I have to much to say to you.

"Oh, Jughead, hey."

"Listen Betty, can we talk outside, please."  my voice cracking as she can tell how vulnerable this conversation is going to be.

"Yea. yes."

What? Why was that so easy? I thought she would be more difficult to make conversation with after what happened. Whatever, I thought it doesn't matter. I follow her out to the parking lot looking long-fully at her hand wishing to hold it.

"What do you want Jughead?" she says. I can see her eyes dampening with tears, she's trying to hold them back. I don't deserve her tears, I never could.

"I just want to talk to you, I miss you, I really miss my girlfriend, and my best friend." I stutter these words as tears fall down my cheeks. 

"Jughead. I don't know what to say, I miss you to. But I don't know what to do." Barely making out those last words she snaps into a heap of tears. I grab her body tightly, still making sure she can breath.

She looks at me with her stunning  blue eyes saddened by the current events to come. Her hands were placed on my cheeks I could still feel her cuts from her fingernails even though they were almost healed. Her soft lips placed on mine. Today her lips tasted like raspberry, the one we got going to the annual winter-market. I still have her scarf she left in my trailer. That memory makes me happy. No, she, she makes me happy. 

Just as she is about to open her mouth, her mom pulls up, she is MAD.

"Betty Cooper, get in this car away from the wreck before kill the both of you." She gets up and starts walking, but before she does she hands me a slip of paper.