Chapter 5: pre-tragic events

As the sun rises so did my dreams too far away to remember that i was asleep. The sun shot across the room i was set in to slumber. It streaked different hues of orange across the sheets into my eyes. I was still too foggy to comprehend my body was gliding down the hall towards the soft scent of french toast.

I nearly tripped over the giant dog at the bottom of the stairs, It grumbled and turned over not acknowledging  my present. Quietly yet softly i grabbed the velvet walls to support my body over the beast. I could hear a faint humming coming from a close doorway. 

Investigating on my toes i realized Jared was in his regular white t-shirt and black jeans. The difference of the outfit was the soft pink apron slashed across his chest. He seemed at peace flipping the pan in his hand. 

My stomach growled which gave me away. He smiled and nodded towards a leather bench by the marble counter. Sliding onto it my eyes captured the kitchen in full view. The grey machinery hid well beside the mahogany cupboards and drawers with their white marble counters. 

"Looks like the kid needs food." Erik winked at me talking to someone. As he finishes the dog replies with a loud rough bark and stomps toward us and sits at my feet. "Hey buster your suppose to love me." He points the spatula at himself talking to the dog like i am not here.

The dog didn't realized nor cared and leaned his scruffy black furred face upon my left knee. i patted him and Erik looked almost betrayed. Yet he continued and about half an hour later we sat and ate together in silence.

I coughed and attempted to clear the awkward silence that loomed over this fabulous kitchen during our meal. "So, ugh is the dog's name Buster or do you just call him that?" I asked politely before i take a savoring bite of the perfectly cooked cinnamon french toast. 

Erik seemed amused to either my question or my facial expression i made with every bite of heaven in my mouth. "Well his name is definitely not Buster, i'm not a Scottish alcoholic. His name is Loki and he is a goddamn bastard and betrayer. Leaving me without a cuddle buddy. My niece named him she loved the movie Thor." 

I nod while throwing more toast into my mouth almost choking on it. Erik seemed nostalgic about his niece. "Where is she now?" i softly say under my breath and it roughly shakes Erik out of his memories.

"It doesn't concern you so back off alright." his tone become as frigid as ice and as worried as a drug addict before a drug test. I left the subject and continued to eat while my head ran every where else but here. Looking through the eyes of the witness here i could tell he lost her somehow and missed her dearly, but i did not want to reopen that scar forcefully. When he was ready he will spill.

After our breakfast he had plans for our up coming events. I had a strong feeling that the days to come where going to send my bones packing for the grave. But what was really coming nobody could see coming...OR could they?

_____________________________________________

Hey guys! Tell what you think!

Tell me who you ship. Personally i ship Grace and Seth. Luna and Stark. Just keep reading to find out!!!

_____________________________________________