Chapter 2: eyes opening to the world

As I open my eyes I see Erik, Seth and Jarred huddled around me. "Get away!" I sit up and scream and hug my head. "You guy's have a problem with each other and leave me out of it! All you guys are doing is hurting me. I can't do I don't want to end up like my dad!" I suddenly stop and my tears stream down my cheeks and i quickly get and run off without saying any goodbyes or getting Luna.

"Grace! Grace wait please! Don't go!" I heard Erik's voice just to a whisper in my ear carried by the wind. Running down the road to nowhere felt like seconds but my heart pounded like i just ran a marathon. I heard my name yelled from behind me but i ignore them and ran faster. I heard someone sprinting behind me. I run faster and the noises fades away. 

I ran to the abandoned museum and entered by the back door the way I use to when i was younger. It had a familiar smell,. home. Walking up the broken stairs is a sport, being careful not to fall in. Sitting in the weapons room where i pulled furniture, an old television, a couple of mattresses, tables and boxes to make the place more roomy. Laying there was nice, before I knew it i was asleep. 

When I awoke I heard someone talking, and maybe someone else pacing around. When i sit up Erik is pacing talking about what he will say when i wake up. I close my eyes and let the darkness take me away from this nightmare once more.

When  i finally woke up the sun was rising and it hit my eyes. I raised my arms to block it out and sit up. There was a radio on our table and it was quietly playing music. I look around and see Erik sitting on my favorite blue bean bag chair.

"You're awake now. Just to let you know everyone else is trying to find you luckily I slowed down to keep up with you and sat here waiting for you." He raises quickly and quietly and walks over me to and grab my arm gently picking me up to put my feet on the floor. "You still owe me a dance you know."

"Fine the next song that comes on the radio you get you dance. And thank you." He smirks and bows then All About Us from He is We comes on and he blushes. I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands lightly on my back. I look up at him and smile.The song was near the end and he leaned lower so his breath hug my left ear and it reddened my cheeks. He turn so our noses touched softly. He moved closer and he kissed my lips softly and I closed my eyes slowly close and a giant thud rang in our ears that made us split apart.

"Can anyone help me out of this horrid hell house please!" I heard an unfamiliar voice screech from down the hallway. I started laughing really hard and almost fell over if Erik didn't catch me. "Why are you laughing up there i am stuck in the fucking stairs!" Erik walks down and i follow him and see Jared half way in the stairs and i burst out laughing that i trip and fall down the stairs and get caught by Jared.

"I am sorry it isn't funny I am not laughing at you I am laughing because of you because i have done that before." I get up and pull at his hand and Erik walks behind him and pulls at his chest and he slips out like a hand out of a glove. We stand up and a pain in my ankle burns hotter than my cheeks did. I sit and Jared flies to my feet and grab my leg and looks at my ankle and sighs.

"You sprained your ankle laughing at me. You should be carried home." He gets up and grabs me and my hands rush to secure myself which was horrible because i grab his shirt and duck my head into him. 

The walk home was quiet until screaming came from my house. I pushed myself off hitting the ground. I rose and sprinted as fast as i can to the door. Grabbing my key and open the door felt like an eternity Bashing through the smoke coughing hurt but I had to find my mother. "Grace wait!" I heard Jared yelled at me. I rush to the hallway where the smoke fell and see a blood trail up stairs. Tears threatened my eyes and screams cursed to come out.

At the top of the stair the trail leaded to my room with the door ajar. I rushed in to my mother on the floor missing a arm blood everywhere and a man without a face somehow laughing and playing with a blade. 

I was frozen, unable to move a millimeter. My heart stopped when i couldn't see my mother's chest rise or fall for a few minutes. Rage grew within me and yet i pitied the man in front of me. 

Suddenly blackness hits my eyes and I notice hands were covering my eyes. "Get her out  Jared I will deal with...