Chapter 4

"So I invited John , Emmanuel , Seun , Yinka , Blessing , Charles,Aminat and those your juniors " Naomi ranted on.

"Jeez do I need to know all that",I replied.

"Yes" she said rolling her eyes "and you're going to that poem competition , right " she added.

"Of course...my mum's helping but I don't want to stress her ... she's dealing with the birthday preparations" I answered.

"Yeah" she replied , jumping on my bed that was placed in the middle of my room . At the right was a white dressing table and a mirror . And on the left was a study table with some books and a landscape painting at the top .

"Don't do that" I screamed at Naomi and she turned on the bed.

"Whatever , grand ma" she replied sarcastically .

     "Good morning mum" I said as I walked down the stairs. "Good morning ma" Naomi said running down the stairs and hugging my mum. "What , move aside " I shouted and hugged my mum while pushing Naomi.

"There's room for everyone " my mum said laughing loudly. "Let's have breakfast" she added pointing to well fried scrambled egg that has been served with bread and hot tea.

"I think that's good " I said and we walked gently to the table and sat.

"Dad's coming back this evening , right?" I asked my mum.

"Yep " she replied .

"Yay!" Naomi added with a mouthful of food.

"Gross" I commented.

"And the preparations have to be completed today " my mum said and we nodded in agreement.

I had almost forgotten that my birthday was in two days. In case you're wondering , Naomi doesn't live in my house but she's here to help out. She's a really good friend if I do say so myself and not to forget annoying too.

"Hurry up , it's just the supermarket" I shouted at Naomi.

"So , we don't know who we could meet on the way" she replied as she straightened the brown gown she was wearing . Naomi was indeed beautiful.

"Are you thinking that we could meet , I don't know , maybe Zayn malik or Shawn mendes or  Justin Timberlake or better still Justin beiber" I said sarcastically with my hands on my cheeks .

"Ooo shut up , I meant people who don't live in your fantasy" she rolled her eyes.

"You mean your fantasy" I said. She was the one that was so crazy about male singers and rappers. Of course I love music and raps and all but not as crazy as hers .

"Hmm or maybe your little dress up could be a good thing if we meet Emmanuel" i said smirking.

Emmanuel was a 14 years old guy in my class , he was good looking and brilliant and Naomi liked him a lot but not to the extent of crazy teenage fiction characters.

Naomi was backing me before I said that and she immediately turned and walked towards me slowly and I didn't miss the smile when she said " ooooo keep quiet , you'll get on my nerves if you keep talking in fact let's go already , the supermarket isn't going to come to our house"

"I thought I was the one propagating that some minutes ago , besides am I lying?" I said with another smirk.

"The car's over there , your mum's waiting " she said ignoring my question and grabbed my hand after giving me a nasty look . But I knew she was happy inside .

So we left for the supermarket , and got everything that was needed.

We headed back home , my mum had volunteered to bake the cake the next day so what was left were the decorations since we've already bought and arranged  any other thing that will be used in the party.

      Just as we sat on the couch to watch a show , we heard a soft knock on the door and then we exchanged glances . I stood up to open the door and found my dad behind it.

"Hello princess" my dad said with a lovely smile .

"Dad" I exclaimed hugging him tightly for some minutes and then released him.

"Good evening sir " Naomi said with a smile.

"Hello dear , how are you? " he replied to Naomi .

"I'm fine sir"

"That's lovely" he said patting her head.

"Good evening darling" my mum said as she hugged my dad.

"Good evening love" he replied giving my mum a soft peck on her cheek.

And I and Naomi giggled.

"So what's up " my dad said as he sat on the couch.

"Nothing much just watching a show , the preparations for the birthday party are almost done" my mum replied.

"Ooo that's nice , my princess is getting bigger" he said with another warm smile and I giggled. "And Naomi it's nice to meet you here , how are your parents " he added. My dad had always liked Naomi so did my mum , she was like my sister but it always baffled me why we still weren't best friends , i'm going to need to iron that out later.

"They're good sir" Naomi replied politely.

"Good good , I have to go to bed now , i'm so tired " he said as he stood up.

"Aren't you eating first" my mum replied.

"I already ate at a fast food restaurant before i came home knowing that I want to rest when I came" my dad added.

"Of course have a good night" my mum replied with her award winning smile.

"Yep" my dad said popping the P . "And tomorrow , is there anything I could do to help in the preparations for the party" my dad added at the tip of the stairs.

"Yeah maybe you'll help mum with the cake , I and Naomi will be busy with the decorations" I said smiling.

"Ooo good idea" my dad winked "good night all " he said giving a small bow.

"Good night dad" I said.

"Good night sir" Naomi added.

"Good night dear" my mum replied.

And with that I , my mum and Naomi faced the television again.

*present time*
"Nifemi , Nifemi " mrs Funke Silver called. Ooo I should stop calling her that since she's my new mum now but that's not going to happen, she wasn't even the slightest thing I would want my mum to be  .

"Yes ma" I replied.

"Why are you being such a pest , Anna told me you've been disturbing her" she said with a frown I deeply hated. My  mum(Mrs Williams) never frowned like that except the time my neighbour thought it would be funny if they played a prank on her by pouring water on the new dress she was wearing. I smiled internally as I remembered that day.

"I'm sorry ma , but i didn't do anything to her" I replied.

"Exactly what I was expecting you to say , so you think Anna lies , yeah? , you better get that thought out of mind , 15 years and you're behaving like a pest , get out of my sight. " she said and hissed .

I walked to my room fast and sat on my bed . I looked up to my ceiling and said "why does life keep reminding me how unfair it is to me ". I wasn't going to cry though , my real dad taught me to always be strong even when life seems tough , they're all lessons needed to be the best

So I lied down gently on my small bed and said a little prayer "ooo lord please be with me " and I fell into a deep sleep.

Sorry for the late updates. Drop your comments and don't forget to tap that little star.