Chapter 5

"Happy birthday to you , happy birthday to you , happy birthday , happy birthday , happy birthday to you" the crowd in the party sang.

"Thank you so much " I replied.
Earlier that morning , my parents and the whole of Naomi's family had taken it upon themselves to wake up early and wish me a happy birthday even before the party started.

"Yeah , let's dance " Naomi said as the loud music was banging and the crowd had scattered in different groups , some were talking ,some dancing and some chewing on something.

"I don't think that's a good idea "I replied reminding her internally how I wasn't a good dancer or so I thought.

"You're a good dancer you just think otherwise , I still don't why , but since it's your birthday i'll let it slide , let's meet up with some people here " Naomi said pulling me to small group of people that were talking about something that seemed to be interesting , as we walked or hopped to them , I noticed the people there . Emmanuel , Seun , Charles , Blessing and Yinka were there . They're all classmates.

"Hi" I said waving to them.
"Yo yo girl' Charles said with a smile. He has always been the one with weird phrases.
"Hello birthday girl" Yinka said while the rest nodded.
"So what's the gist about" Naomi said excitedly.
"Ooo we were just talking about why Aminat couldn't come , she said she had to go to her grandma's house to console her on the death of her dear cat" Emmanuel said with a wink and we all burst into laughter. I couldn't have missed the way Naomi smiled at him and I smirked.
"Nice story but that's not what happened , she needed to go to the hospital for the yearly check -up of her teeth" Blessing said pointing to her teeth.
"Ooo of course" I said sarcastically.
"My story was way better" Emmanuel added.
"Yep" Naomi said in agreement.
"Hi" Victoria said .
"Oooo hello" every one replied.
"Happy birthday Nifemi" Victoria said with a smile.
"Thanks , i'm glad you came"
"I'm glad to be here" she said with a small bow.
Then with a smile Emmanuel gestured for Naomi to dance with him . She accepted the offer of course and they walked to the dance floor. One by one they left to dance leaving Seun behind. He was now sitting and looking down . Curious about what he was thinking of , I said "hey , aren't you dancing?"

"I don't think that'll be good , i'm not good at dancing " he replied.

"That's what I feel to , but Naomi said otherwise so why don't we try to see if she's right " I said holding up my hand to him.

"Of course , madam" he replied standing to his feet and taking my hand . We've been friends and classmates since I can remember , i've seen him dance a couple of times jokingly , enough to know he wasn't a bad dancer and him taking my hand wasn't new , we did that as friends whenever we were down and he was looking pretty down to me right now .

"So what are you doing on the dance floor " Naomi asked.

"Ooo wise one ,please remind me what a dance floor is used for" I replied sarcastically.

"You're silly , foolish one " she replied rolling her eyes and walking over to where Emmanuel was.

"So what's wrong?" I said to Seun.

"Eh?" He replied.

"I saw you looking down over there " I said pointing to where he was sitting some minutes ago.

"Ooo so that's what the dance is for" he replied smiling.

"Yeah , maybe , don't ignore the question though" I said running my fingers through my dark hair that was currently packed into a bun.

"Nothing really , just thinking about how my life would have been without you guys , I probably would have been smoking and drinking excess alcohol on the street at my age " he said smiling.