Chapter 3

So weeks passed , then months . It was coming close to my birthday, and I was excited that my birthday was coming but not "too excited".
I didn't like parties , but my mum insisted on throwing a party . It was my 13th birthday and I was going to be a teenager , yay!.
"Nifemi, wake up , you have school today" my mum shouted. "Alright alright , i'll be quick" I replied.
I hopped into the car , I was particularly happy today maybe because my birthday was in a week.
"Nifemi, how do you want your cake" my mum said.

"I don't really know , you know best mum" I replied

"Okay , what colour"

"Purple , perhaps"

"Alright, purple it is"

"Yes , mum"

"How about the invitations , i'm guessing you don't want a lot of people"

"I'll give the invitations myself "

"May I invite some of my friends"

"Of course mum , it's your party too" I said laughing.

"Thanks, thanks, you're too kind" my mum said mockingly.
And we burst into laughter.
When we arrived at the gate of my school , I spotted none other than Naomi , immediately our eyes met she ran up to the car.
"Good morning ma" Naomi said to my mum.
"Good morning dear, how are you doing" my mum replied
"Very fine , thank you" Naomi said .
"Jeez, why are you smiling that way" I said to Naomi.
" Nothing just happy" she replied.
I rolled my eyes and got down from the car. "Bye mum , have a lovely day " I said looking straight at my mum. "You too , bye" she replied.

I and Naomi walked into the class and saw every one talking about one thing or the other.
Naomi sat on one of the chairs at the back and gestured for me to sit near her. I walked over to the chair right beside her and sat. It wasn't up to five minutes when a girl walked up to us .
"Hey" she said.
"Hello" Naomi and I replied.
"I'm Victoria Adebayo"she said
"Oo , i'm Nifemi Williams and she's Naomi Johnson" I replied.
"Nice to meet you" Victoria said.
"Nice to meet you too" I replied
"Yeah, same here" Naomi said.
And for two minutes there was silence.
"I'll be thirteen next week , would you like to attend my party , it's not so big though" I said to Victoria breaking the silence.
"I'll have to tell my parents first" she replied smiling.
" I understand" I replied and turned to Naomi.
"Would you mind inviting people to my party , you're the one that's good at that and you know the kind of people I want" I whispered to Naomi .
"Of course" she said excitedly.
And I saw her looking up to the ceiling.
"Not the whole school Naomi not even half" I said giggling.
"Are you reading my mind" she said laughing and I couldn't help but laugh.
Classes started and ended quick , I was so tired by the time I got home.

"Mum, there's a competition on poetry in my school next two weeks , do you mind helping me"I said facing my mum who was currently busy with a game on her phone.

She dropped the phone and said "Of course ,Nifemi , what do you want your poem to be on" .

"Something that talks about trust , about hope about life" I said .

"I think we can work with that" she said with a smile on her face.