Chapter 4

=>> Marcelo Navarro, 22

POV TYLER

"So these are the pups; Elijah is oldest, he's 7, and then we have Maxine who's 5." My beautiful mate is introducing Llis to our kids when I enter the room, holding baby Gracie.

"This little one here is Gracie," I offer the infant to my eager wife before noticing that Marc is still standing in the doorway.

"She so small! I always forget how tiny newborns are." Llis smiles as Gracie babbles.

I watch Marc, confused as to why he's still standing at the doorway with his eyes closed and - is he breathing heavily? Suddenly his eyes open but instead of his natural dark brown pupils, I'm greeted with flickering gold.

'The girl must be his mate,' My wolf, Xzavier, rumbles in the back of my head. 'His wolf is awakening and trying to take over so that he can mark her.'

'But she's human!' My eyes widen in surprise. It's not unheard of for a wolf to have a human mate - I'm in fact it's quiet common today - but human mates are different and have to be treated with caution.

'Unless you want him to ruin his chances, I would suggest you step in and calm him down.' Xzavier drones, bored and seemingly uncaring.

'Jade, Amaryllis is Marcs mate. I have to get him out of here before he scares her off.' I mind link my wife, moving towards the struggling warrior in front of me. 'Come grab Helena from him, I don't want to risk him getting closer to her.'

'Oh wow! I new there was something special about her!' As I take my infant daughter from my brother in law, my wife appears beside me instantly.

"Marc let's go upstairs for a bit so they can get to know each other," I lace my voice with an Alphas command as I turn him around and lead him back down the hall and to the third floor.

Almost whimpering, Marc struggles to turn his head - his wolf trying to keep an eye on his new found mate, most likely. The walk to my office is quiet and Marc is able to slow down his breathing and gain a little more control over his wolf.

"Tyler what the he'll was that? My wolf - he tried to take over! That's never - ".

"Happened before? I know and don't worry it's natural for your wolf to surface when you first come in contact with your mate." I try and reassure him as he slumps into a chair in front of my desk. "When you first meet your mate your wolf gets overexcited and wants to mark her immediately. Which isn't always a bad thing, if both of you are werewolves."

"She's human." He isn't asking and his voice sounds neither happy or upset, just confused and tired. "He could hurt her if I can-t control him."

"He can but he wouldn't; Marc your forgetting shes as much his mate as she is yours. This is the time when you two really merge and become one being with one mindset." I take in his worried expression and can't help but feel for him - after all I've know this kid since he was 14 years old. "There's nothing wrong with a human mate, your lucky enough to have one that also knows about us and the mate bond."

Marcs head snaps up towards me, relief coming from him in bucketfuls. "She knows already? So all I have to do is tell her she's my mate right?"

"Not exactly. The thing with human mates is that they get a choice. They don't fall in love at first sight, they don't feel yhe sparks at first, and they don't have as strong a bond at first." I smile at him teasingly, "You have to work a bit harder for her than most mates. Make her fall in love with you."

"How do I do that when all my wolf wants to do is but her neck?" He demands, frustrated and still confused.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AMARYLLIS POV

Tyler was quick to leave once he brought the kids down, Jade letting me hold little Gracie while she grabbed Helena from who she told me after was her brother, Marcelo. While those two went to handle pack business, Jade lead me to the pack living room on the first floor so I could get to know the kids a little.

"If you're going to be playing with is every day you have to pass the text." Elijah, a cute young Burnett with blue eyes, tells me sternly. "What's your favorite cartoon channel?"

"Nickelodeon."

"Cartoon show?" Max demands, trying to copy her brothers tone as Jade lays the twins on little boppy pillows.

"That's hard; hmmm. Spongebob Squarepants and Steven Universe. Oh oh! And The Loud House!"

"I love The Loud House! My favorites Leni and Lola!" Max begins happily recounting the episode she earlier before Eli asks me if I want to see his trains upstairs

"We can all go up, these two are sleeping anyways." Jade motions for me to pick up Helena as she does the same to Gracie and then the six of us take the elevator to the third floor - apparently its an entire floor for the Andres family. "We have the kids bedrooms and playroom to the left of the elevator. Our bedroom is right across from the elevator and stairs so we can hear someone coming up." Jade tells me softly, leading me to a nursery to the right of her bedroom.

"This is the twins room for now, this was also a nursery for both Eli and Max since it has a door connecting to our room." Stepping into the hall way with me she points further down the hall, "we share and office down here and have a few spare bedrooms for guest along with an extra bathroom. Down the left is the play room, Elijah and Max each have a room and share a bathroom across the hall. There are three more spare rooms and another bathroom- two of the rooms will be the twins when they get older."

After giving me a general idea of what's where, Jade goes back into the nursery to clean up and asks me to look after Eli and Max for 20 minutes. Passing the elevator with the stairs beside it, I listen for the sound of playing and open the door two down from the elevator, on the same side.

"Llis!" Max squeals, running to the door to pull me in by the hand. "This is our playroom, over here is my tea area and these are the party guests."

After introducing me to each of her toys, Max allows Eli to show me his own toys. "And this is my train set, grandpa got it foe me last Christmas and Uncle Marc helped dad set it up. This is the conductor, see he has little hat? I have one too so we're both the conductor."

"Eli doesn't like me playing with his trains but he let's me wear the hat sometimes." Max grins at me, showing her dimples and grabbing my hand.