Chapter 6

A/N: Hey guys sorry but I don't know much about Santa Cruz since I've only been there like twice. If I get any information wrong please let me know and I'll try and fix it; this information I wrote is based on a quick google search.

MARCELLO POV

"Congratulations!" Reina squeals as soon as Amaryllis left, rushing over to hug me tightly. "Oooh, she is so sweet, I love her. You two are going to be such a good couple!"

"Wait, what?" Sam grins at me as Eva sits on his lap. "She's your mate?"

Nodding, I'm congratulated and pounded on the back repeatedly by my friends. I've known them all for so long, witnesses each of them meeting their mates, and it's nice to finally join the club.

Sam, Vince, and Reina I meet through training when we were 15 and I instantly befriended Reina who was the top of the class at the time - she didn't care who I was related to, kicking my ass during training and criticizing me when I didn't pay attention. If it wasn't for her I never would have been able to be a guard.

She's easily my best friend, along with her mate Dan, who she meet right after her eighteenth birthday at Wal-Mart. Despite being human, and new to the whole pack stuff, Dan had been really interested in and wanted to become a part of her lifestyle and pack.

Sam and Vince had been friends long before I'd became a part of the pack; they were afraid of Reina and her monster temper, although they were friends with her too. Sam's mate Eva was already in the pack and, being two years old than him, she claimed him as hers before he realized it when she turned eighteen (he was still only sixtern); she works with the pack pups a lot. Amber joined the pack only a year ago after having meet Vince while in the country with a student visa - she was going to culinary school nearby and her parents were not happy she wasn't returning home to India.

"Looks like another girl is joining the pack, just need one more and well out number you boys." Eva fist pumped the air, determined and most likely remembering the pack games from last year when they lost to our team.

"Another human, at that." Dan wrapped his arms around the overly excited blonde girl still beside me. "If you need any advice on the human thing feel free to ask man."

"Oh my god! I hate you!" Reina exclaimed suddenly, face red in embarrassment and hugging Dans arms to herself. "Your mate already knows about us and what we are, that's cheating!"

Laughing, Dan kisses her cheek. "Aw babe, don't be like that. I was really concerned about you."

When Reina told Dan the big secret - almost 2 months after they started dating - he freaked out and thought we were forcing her to be in the pack or something. He didn't care what she was but refused to let her leave his house cause he was sure we'd kill her for spilling the secret or something. Took three days to convince him otherwise and Reina still gets teased about it - although the teaser often leaves with a bruise or two.

"Uncle Marc, is Llis your mate?" Eli asks, his voice excited and his eyes wide. "That means she's gonna be our aunt right?"

"She sure is, little man." Amber grins at him, her eyes mischievous as she teased. "Don't worry, she'll still like you more." 

"NO!" Max yelled, glaring at me as she pouted. "She's my friend, that's gross!"

Everyone laughed - except me - as Jade told her daughter that it wasn't gross. "It's a beautiful thing sweetie; one day you'll have a mate too."