Chapter 16: Drako's Den ✔️

That night I went to sleep happy with the amount of work I did, only to wake up to an uncomfortable nudging, "What!" I snap out, whirling around ready to snarl at Susie, only to see she isn't there, nobody is. I am all alone in my room "What the hell?" I question allowed confused, only for the nudging to continue. "Hello!" I yell out and groan as the nudging increases. I feel a door in my mind being shoved open and then the nudging stops, completely.

'You had blocked me out of your mind, I had feared something had happened.' A voice says loudly in my head and it takes my sleep fogged brain a few seconds to realize it was Drako.

"It has only been two days since we last spoke,why would you think something had happened" I say aloud uncomfortable with having a conversation in my head.

'A lot can happen in two days' He says solemnly as if I reminder as to how I came here in and why in less then two days.

"Yes, a lot can happen in two days" I say agreeing, though I recover as I think of my plans "There is a cellar here, that is being converted to suit your needs, so you can be closer to me." I say and he sends the feeling of happiness through our bond.

'Will it be big enough for me?' He asks strongly, knowing he will not be squished into something too small for a dragon.

"Yes, it will be. It runs under most of the estate and I'm having it dug even deeper so you can stretch out fully, speaking of that I should check it out." I say and leave our conversation, though I do not close of the bond. I shower and get ready for the day, excited to see the progress of Drako's den.

I all but run to the den doors, at least as best I can in heeled shoes. I enter through the large doors and see the activity going on everywhere, I find Eric discussing plans with the chief of the operation "Let me see the plans" I say deciding to forgo pleasantries, Eric hands me the plans without a word, I look them over and make changes. "I want it made deeper and I like that you are using material that can't be damaged by heat. Though I see you are trying to avoid an area that an underground stream is, I'd like for you to make a large bathing area for him, using that and make sure the stream can continue to flow so it has its own filtration system.  If you do this right considering how much heat a dragon den ends up emitting we could have our own environment friendly heating system, though the vents would have to be able to close during the summer months and so there would need to be other vents that lead outside that can also be closed for the winter months...." I say trailing off in thought as I think of what to do, I see their shocked faces "What? I've put a lot of thought into this. Also I was thinking on the walls there would be intervals that are dug in and have fuel where Drako can light the amount of lights he'd want." I say and then look towards them and their shocked faces "Do you got that? Good, I'll go check my work load now"  I say leaving when they nod in acknowledgement of my words,  I hear Eric mutter a few short sentences and then hear his footsteps following mine.

"I want to remind you that there is a council meeting in two days." He says and then also explains a question I meant to ask "Also, I know you've been meaning to ask. How the bloodlines work if there are many different families and to make it less confusing they made it so each family has a last name as well as a bloodline name. So the families that have the most pure bloodline, meaning they don't have half-breeds and even though you are a half-breed since the Drakkon line does not often have descendants you don't get a partial name.

Also if we hire many Croaisha descendants and a few Kheelan descendants that can manipulate water, we should be done the den in a day. Magic is always so much faster then manual labor." He says with a sigh, though I'm not sure why. "Kallie told me at breakfast this morning that you had only two letters to look through, one is another reminder of the council meeting, the other is from Lady Uldridge." He tells me calmly and I take it in stride.

"Speaking of breakfast, why wasn't I woken up?" I ask curiously, wanting to know why Susie didn't wake me up as usual.

"There was no need, though I can make it mandatory for you to be woken at a certain time?" He says and questions at the same time.

"Yes, unless I say otherwise wake me up at the same time as per usual." I say and he nods acknowledgement. "Now down to other business, what will I have to do at this council meeting?" I ask feeling slightly nervous.

"Well you'll want to make an impression, so that the other High Lords and Lady's don't think you can be removed." He says 'removed' hesitantly as if afraid it would scare me.

"Yes, I know this world takes kill or be killed to a whole new level. It's fine though because I've come to the realization that I have a lot of power for someone so young and with power comes responsibility, but something I believe even more is that with power comes enemies. No matter which world, it is always the weak that get power taken from them and the strong are the ones who take it from them and Eric, I am by no means weak" I say firmly, the ground rumbling at my words.

"I most definitely know that mistress, though it is not me you have to show that too. I believe you should come in looking innocent and not knowing so you can see those who are quick to pounce and quickly put them in their place, after all we don't have to tell them your last name unless asked directly and most don't like being direct at council meetings. They all enjoy their games so much that in the end we don't get much actually done." He says and I nod, already thinking of what to do.