Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Carmen's POV

Clubbing was never really my thing. But it was my friend's. I slumped deeper into the corner, as the music was turned up. The floor shaking underneath me.

"Carmen! C'mon, it's your birthday!" My friend Katy said, pulling at my hand.

"No, I'm good, I like it here in my corner..." I protested indignantly. She looked at me, and dragged me out onto the dance floor. Seconds later she disappeared, leaving me in the middle of a sea of drunk idiots. Great.

Katy had dragged me to this club as a birthday present, wearing this ridiculous outfit, and I wasn't really enjoying myself so far.

I squealed as I felt someone's hand rest on my bum. I spun around. The guy behind me laughed, pressing in closer, crushing me against the wall of people behind me. I squirmed, trying to get away from him.

"C'mon babe, I just want to have a little fun here." he said, his breath dripping with the smell of alcohol.

"Um, I have to go!" I said, running past him, to the back of the club. I breathed and pushed the back door open into the cool night. I walked into the dark shadows, checking for my phone in my purse. I looked up as I heard someone scream. I stopped and watched ahead. I could barely made out the figures of a man and a girl. The man was shoving her against the wall, gagging her mouth.

"I thought you said you weren't followed!" someone yelled at the man.

"I thought I wasn't!" he hissed back. I walked forward hesitantly. The man took something out of his pocket, and pressed it to the girls mouth. She struggled before slumping against the wall.

"Hey!" I screamed, no idea what I was doing. The man let the girl fall to the ground and took a step in my direction. I gulped and took a step backward. I gasped as a sharp pain shot through the back of my head. I felt myself fall to the floor, my eyes went black.