Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Cody's POV

I sped down the freeway, going as fast I would let myself go. The wind whipped past my face, making everything feel a little bit better. I was fed up with Eli. She's not safe with him, and he's ruining my friendship with Carmen. The words 'friendship' went through my head again. We haven't talked at all about the kiss we shared in the basement. I guess she's one of those girls who likes to keep everything simple. But with Eli around everything is so much worse than she could've imagined. I only gave him three days because it would be easier to hear this from him than from me. If I told her, it would be like someone broke off a long term relationship by text. It just wouldn't be right. I still had my doubts on whether Eli would actually come clean though.

Eli's POV

"What are you hiding from me?" Her eyes were serious and I knew that she would be able to tell if I was lying. I was always the worst liar I knew. I looked up at her. I was about to tell her everything, what I had done to her...

"Well ya know, I kidnapped you, and I might have kept you in the hole for a week." My voice came out weird, making it sound like a joke. She laughed slightly before smiling widely.

"Okay, I get it, its between you two boys. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She got up and left.

"Eli?" I barely managed not to jump out of my chair when she said my name.

"yeah," I replied trying to sound casual.

"Would you mind being off before Cody gets back? I think he's been having a bad week..." I grinned and nodded. She smiled back and shut the door.

I couldn't believe it. She didn't believe me... I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing yet, but it did make me realize. I can't lose her. She's the best thing I've had in my screwed up life, and I wouldn't let Cody, or anybody else take that from me.

Carmen's POV

" Well ya know, I kidnapped you, and I might have kept you in the hole for a week" His voice wavered. He looked at me uncertainly with a hint of a smile. I didn't get the joke. I laughed slightly, trying to make him feel better. He looked at me confused and than smiled back.

"If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to.." I said standing up. They were hiding something. And I guess it was a surprise. I walked over to the door and looked back to see Eli turning back to Cody's laptop.

"Eli?" He jumped two feet.

"Yeah?" He was so ad at acting casual, their little secret must be huge.

"Could you be off before Cody gets back? I have a feeling he's been having a bad week." He nodded sincerely and continued to type. I sighed and shut the door. Walking into my own room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time gap~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning

I woke up puking. I sat in the bathroom vomiting for about an hour, before I stopped long enough for Eli to drive me to the hospital and call Cody, who still hadn't come back after his little tantrum. I felt awful. Not about Cody, yeah I was a little guilty, but I literally felt awful. It felt like someone had flipped everything in me inside out. Which was not in the least pleasant. The car ride to the hospital seemed like an eternity, but I soon found sitting on a bed in a small white room waiting for the doctor.

The room was white. With a Tv on the wall directly in front of my bed. I felt trapped and wished that the window was open. It would have made me feel a lot better.

Eli sat on a chair flipping through a magazine about the Sahara desert. He glanced up at me.

"You feel any better?" He asked putting the magazine away.

"Not really, but at least the vomiting stopped..." He nodded and stared into the distance.

"Carmen?" He asked in a small voice. I waited for him to go on.

"Would you still like me... if I had done something....really bad?" He didn't look me in the eyes. I sat thinking about it for a second. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but he sounded serious.

"I guess it all just depends on why."

"What?" He said looking up at me.

"Like, if you did it for the right reasons, than it can't have been all that bad." He nodded and stayed quiet.

A few minutes later the doctor walked in carrying a clipboard.

"Well, you're not going to die..." He said, lifting up some papers and looking through them. "

But I'm afraid you're Pregnant."