Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Carmen's POV

I had never really thought that I would see it again. Not that that would have been a bad thing. Never would have been too soon to see the little hole in the ground that led to my personal prison.

I woke up in complete darkness, blinking the dust out of my eyes. I leaned up against the wall and sighed. I was back. This time I probably wouldn't be so lucky. I stifled back tears as the horrible memories flooded me.

"Please...Please...let this be a dream..." I whispered into my tears, my shoulders quivering.

"You okay?" A familiar voice asked in the shadows.

"Cody!" I yelped, finding him in the darkness. The tears let loose and I found myself crying onto his shoulder. He held me in silence, rubbing my back, trying to comfort me, and knowing very well that he couldn't. Finally, I sat back, still grasping his hand and sniveling.

"It's okay." He stated, the glow from his eyes finding mine. I nodded half heartedly. He looked at me worriedly before taking my head firmly in his hands.

"We will get out of this Carmen. Trust me." His voice was firm and reassuring almost making me believe his words. I hugged him again, burying my head in his neck. I let go and found my way to the bed before lying down.

"I'm gonna go to bed." I said, overwhelmed by the happenings of the day. I lay in silence for a few moments before Cody moved away from his spot to the floor next the the bed. He sprawled out on the dirt and minutes passed before I could here his steady breathing. I stared out into the darkness of the room. Hoping with all my might that we could get out of this. And even if only one of us could make it out, I would rather it be him.

I woke up the next morning extremely sore. The ground was probably softer than the bed. The lights were on. What a treat. I glanced down at Cody, who was still sleeping soundly on the floor. He looked so peaceful. Like everything was right in the world. And that his insane father hadn't just captured us and hid us in a whole in his basement that they would probably never find us in. I jumped back as I realized his eyes were open and looking right at me. He smirked. The blood rushed to my face.

"It's okay if you can't help staring...I am gorgeous aren't I?" He said flipping his hair. I blushed deeper.

"You wish, don't you." I smiled playfully at him. He got up, shaking the dust out of his hair, sitting down next to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Good as I'm gonna get." He continued to look at me, searching my eyes. The ceiling creaked. Cody looked up as dust fell from the latch in the ceiling. He was coming down.