Lingering Thoughts

2 years ago

8 P.M.

The weather that night was slightly cloudy, street lights are turned on to light up the dark way in the night. People could be seen walking together enjoying the view of the starry night, that night was cold since it's November and Christmas was fast approaching. I was actually enjoying the view while waiting but—

"She's late..."

It's already an hour past since the planned meeting time. But my girlfriend is still nowhere to be seen. A year ago, I confessed my feelings to her and she said yes making us an official couple. Tonight is gonna be our first anniversary and while thinking about it I haven't realized that I was grinning and blushing so hard that people are whispering around me. Since the atmosphere is getting a little bit awkward, I decided to go to walk around for a little bit while waiting for her. It's past 10 P.M. and she still wasn't around, I had the impression that she won't be coming anymore; as bitter as it is I slowly started walking back home and had a bitter expression in my face. After that, I've never seen her ever again and I was still wondering why she did that. Two years ago, that night was so cold; because on that night, the girl I loved left me without saying a word.

Present Day

I woke up because of the sound of my alarm clock indicating that it's time for me to wake up and go to school—

"A dream..."

As I was thinking about the dream I had, my little sister suddenly opened the door.

"Big Brother breakfast is ready. Geez... You always set up your alarm clock late. Hurry up, school starts at 7 A.M..."

I hurriedly prepared myself for school and left home along with my little sister. On the way there, she saw some of her classmates and met up with them leaving me walking alone. Then suddenly—

"Walking to school with a girl eh, what a playboy you are..."

"Haven't I told you that she is my little sister? Want me to smack you in the face?"

"Hahaha I was just kidding no need to be stingy. It's still morning and you are this energetic!"

Sorry for the late introduction, my name is Vaughn Stanley; I'm just an average guy with average grades and comes from an average family. Prior 2 years ago a girl left me without saying a word and making me wonder why she did that up to this day. With the end of a relationship blossoms a new one, as I reach for "The Flower on a High Cliff"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys, this is actually the first book that I've published. So I was actually at lost on what to do xD, well anyways I have introduced the Main Character, I haven't focused on the names of his little sister and best friend yet. But next chapter I will now introduce the female Main Character, look forward to it guys ;)