Chapter 1

Jessica Point of View-

            Tonight was my first night that I am single. It had been a long year. My now Ex boyfriend had been dumping me and then I took him back. It really messed with me. I was so upset. I decided that I would go online and hope to meet someone nice. Tonight I am going to meet a really nice and sweet. We started talking as friends about a month before. Tonight was the first night that we were going to meet in person. I was so excited.

            I get to the restaurant and I look for Seth. He was standing out front of Outback Steakhouse. He was in a Black button up shirt and Black skinny jeans. His black hair was so dark. I walk over to him. “Are you Seth” I asked. I stood there. I was so nervous that it wasn’t him. “Yea are you Jessica” he asked. He seems so confident. I really can’t believe that I am with him tonight. “Yes, how are you” I asked. He was just about to respond when someone shouted. “HEY, what are you doing with my girl there bub” said the man. I turned around to see that it was my Ex Glenn. What was he doing here. He didn’t even know that I was going out. “What do you mean your girl. She is here to see and hang with me.” Seth said. “You get away from my girl. I don’t even see why she is even here with you. You are such a freak” he said. I couldn’t let him treat Seth like that. “Glenn, backoff I am here on a date and I ended it with you last night. You need to leave me alone. We are no longer together” I told him. I moved to stand next to Seth. He took my hand. “you don't deserve her, and she is no one's, she isn't something to be owned but a person to choose who she's with” Seth yelled at her. I looked at him and smiled. He was standing up to him. I had never been able to do that. He had always gotten me back because I had no one to stand up for me. “Jessica I will see you later and you had better be ready to explain this and what you are doing with a guy who is such a sham. It is clear that all he wants is sex” Glenn said. He turned and walked away. I was so shocked. I was almost to the point of tears. “Jessica are you alright” Seth asked “I am guessing that was your ex” I looked away. I was so embarrassed that he had done that. “Im sorry Seth I should go. He is really pissed and I don’t need to deal with him making a lot of drama” I told him. He took my hand and pulled me towards the door. “Jessica it is time to stand up to him, do you want me to be there with you later” He asked. I looked at him. He is so sweet. We walked into the restaurant. Once we were sat down and our drinks were ordered Seth looked over to me. “Jessica how long has this been going on” he asked. I looked down at the table. I didn’t know what to tell him I didn’t want to tell him that this had been going on for over a year. “Jessica” he said. “It has been going back and forth like this for over a year” I said quietly. I didn’t look up at him. “Jessica, that isn't right. He shouldn’t be toying with you like that” he said. I looked up at him. He was so caring and we had only known each other for a month. “Jessica I am going to be there with you tonight. He needs to learn how to treat a woman. You are so amazing and good looking” he told me. We had an amazing dinner. We talked and we laughed. When we left he offered to give me a ride home. “I have my car that I have to get home. It is ok I can deal with him on my own” I told him. Truth was I was afraid of what he would do or say to me. Seth was sweet to me. “Jessica are you sure I don’t want you to get hurt” He told me. “Yea I will  be” I smiled at him “I will call you tomorrow alright?” I was sure that Glenn would do something crazy tonight so I hope he knows that this may be the last time that I see him. “Alright if you don’t call I am not going to know what to do. It might be because you don’t like me, but I am sure that if you do like me you will let me know. I will talk to you tomorrow” He said after he finally finished rambling. I walked to my car. Glenn had this look in his eye that there was never going to be a day where I was not his girlfriend.

            When I got home I saw Glenns car in the driveway. Great my parents don’t know what he does to me. They think that he is this perfect boy. I walk inside. “Jessica wanna come in here Glenn showed up not long after you left” Yelled my mom. Great what did he tell her. I walked into the living room. I was not in the mood to deal with having to lie to my parents tonight. “Jessica Glenn is very upset. He says that he saw you with another guy, is this true” My mother asked. I looked at him. His eyes were red a puffy. Great this means that I have to suck up to my parents and everything. “Mom I went out with some friends I told you that. They were meeting me at this restaurant and one of the guys was already there. I saw Glenn and he got all defensive about it being a date but he didn’t stay long enough to see that my friends showed up like ten mins later” I told her. I looked over at him and he looked at me thinking about what I said even though he knew it was a lie. He looked over at my mother. I am sorry Mrs. Varney I thought that she was cheating on me and I had no idea she never told me that she was going out with her friends tonight” he told her. She nodded. I was relieved that he was not going to call me out on that because as far as my mother knows I have yet to even dump him. “I do have some good news” Glenn pipped up “My parents have some connections to the top theater school in the world and it is over in london and they would like Jessica to visit this coming break. They will pay for everything and my parents would be going of course” He added seeing my moms reaction. I knew what this was. He was getting me out of the country for good so I couldn’t see Seth or any guy for that matter because for all I knew he was going to lock me in the house. “That is great I am sure that she would love to go” My mom said. Great now I was going to London. “Well here is the other surprise we are leaving tonight. I have gotten her a whole new wardrobe and everything she is all set to leave we are gonna go to my parents place and my uncle will drop us off at the airport” He said. My mom looked so happy. It was my senior year and she wanted me to go to the best theater school that I could get into and the fact that they were looking into me was something that meant a lot to me. The thing was I had never heard of this school so I knew that it was a lie. “Well I am sure that it is going to be a long flight why don’t you two get going” my mom said.

             As soon as we got out the door I looked at Glenn and he looked at me. “You are mine and you need to learn that Jess so we are leaving America. If you say anything while we are between the two airports I will kill your family and you will never come home” he told me. I was never going to come home? I had no idea what I was going to do.