Chapter 5 The encounter

Chapter 5

At the moment I'm driving in my car, I don't know where I'm going and I don't care where I'm going. Every place is better than the one I came from. I thought I would feel really bad after leaving, but it is the opposite. For the first time in my life I feel free. No one bullying me and people having high expectations of me. Finally free... no school, no homework, and no parents.

The moment I think of my parents something shoots trough me. Loneliness. I am free, but also alone. I have nobody to go to or to talk to. I am alone. No parents, no friends, no pack members, no one.

I stop my car at some forest, I have to let my wolf run, and so I change and begin to sprint. My wolf is black, yes I know, it's stereotypical but I look amazing. The only other color is a white spot on my right ear. My eyes are black, just like my human ones.

I run around, chase some animals and arrive at a lake. It is a huge lake surrounded by mountains and forest. I feel free but also lonelier. Everything around me is so big. I am a big wolf because I'm an Alpha but even for me everything is huge. I feel like a tiny ant, small and useless.

When I turn around to go, I hear a sound. Something is moving close by. I look around but there is nothing to see. There is the sound again! I feel my muscles tighten and I get into a defensive position. The moment I am in the position a sand colored wolf jumps out of the forest and attacks me.

He jumps on top of me and tries to bite my throat. I suddenly feel his claws on my back open the skin there. That moment I realize I am being attacked and begin to fight back. In the beginning the fight is even but at the end I am at the winning hand.

The moment I have him down and want to bite his neck and kill him I hear a loud whine. A grey wolf jumps out of the forest and surprises me. Instead of attacking me it stand before the sand colored wolf and whines loudly. It is trying to protect the sand wolf. I feel bad for the wolf and slowly back away.

After putting some space between us she turns back human. She is standing before me with no clothes on. I feel my head getting warmer and am happy she can't see me blush because I am in my wolf form. "Please don't hurt him anymore! "She begs me.

I let out some sort of sniff and hope she will understand that I won't hurt them anymore. When she hears it she moves closer to the other wolf. I don't think she understood my message. I have to change back, but I am not getting naked before I girl I don't know.

I walk backwards into the forest and turn back. I pull on my shorts and walk towards her. "Stay back!" she yells at me. "I won't hurt you, I promise. I only fought with him because he attacked me". She looks at me with doubt in her eyes but I can see her relax.

"Who are you?" "I am Jake, I just ran away from my pack..." I tell her. "Why?" she asks. "They hate me except my parents and my sister. Today is the day I left because even my own mate hates me and has rejected me" my head hangs while I tell her this.

"I am sorry" she whispers "being rejected is awful". "Yes it is, I am sorry about hurting you friend is he badly hurt?"

"No, I'm fine" he answers "you defeated me?!" "Yes, I am sorry for almost killing you but you attacked me. Who are you by the way?"

"My name is Mandy and this is my mate Paul"

"I am sorry for intruding in you territory" I tell them. "Ooh it's alright. We are rogues so it isn't really our territory. How did you beat me?" "I don't know, it comes naturally" I answer Paul. "How does it come naturally" he asks me. "Well, I was next in line for Alpha so I have Alpha blood running through my veins".

"You're a runaway next in line? You are the first Alpha who I have heard of that is rejected." Mandy tells me. "I know. I am awful and they were right not to want me for their Alpha. I am ugly, nerdy, not muscled and not a natural leader"

"Why do you say that? You're not awful and why would it matter how an Alpha looks? It's about the leadership not the looks" Mandy says. "But I am no natural leader..." I answer. "Why not? The fighting comes natural why wouldn't the leadership come natural? I think you would make a good Alpha. A realistic, kind and smart one. You would be so much better than the muscled and stupid ones who think by looking good they will be an awesome Alpha but they aren't" "I don't think so..."

"You can try to be one. We are rogues and we will follow you if you want there are two of us and with you there are tree. Maybe more will join us. You can test you leadership skills and if it doesn't work we will split up and go our own ways. What do you think of it?"

"Well, I don't know." "Aaah why not?" "Okay, I will try to be your Alpha but if I am bad at it you have to tell me and take being Alpha away from me"

"Deal" Paul answers.

So this I how I became a real Alpha. The Alpha of a rogue pack with 3 members. Wow how pathetic...