Chapter 3 Hurt

Chapter 3

The moment I heard her words my heart broke. I don't know why and how it happened because I wasn't in love with her or something, but I could feel it shatter right inside me. Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes and I could feel my wolf howl inside of me. I ran to the toilets and locked myself in.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO... was the only thing my wolf was saying. The moment I was alone the tears fell out of my eyes and I cried. It was the first time for a long while that I cried. I didn't want to go back and go to my lessons when the bell rang, so I stayed where I was and cried some more.

After half an hour my tears finally dried. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I hated the thing I saw looking back at me. A tall, stupid, ugly, nerdy boy was looking back at me with the most pain in his eyes that I had ever seen. His face was red from crying and his eyes were still watery. The moment I saw myself in this state was the moment that I really hated myself. I already knew that my pack thought that I wasn't good enough to be alpha, but to know that my mate thought that I wasn't good enough for her hurts the most.

She was made for me and I was made for her, but I wasn't good enough. I looked up in the mirror again and when I saw my face for the second time with the pained face I decided that if she taught that I wasn't good enough for her I would prove to her that I was and make her regret rejecting me.  I splashed some water in my face and made sure that no one could see that I had cried.

I went out and bumped into someone and fell down. I looked up and I saw Dan looking down at me with a smug smile. 'Awh, did our might Alpha cry because his mate didn't want him?' he asked in a taunting tone. I felt a shock run through my body, how would he know? Did Jessica tell the whole school about rejecting me?

'Don't worry, she only told me. How does it feel to know that not only your own pack thinks that you're not good enough, but also your mate thinks you're scum, you pathetic thing? Well you don't have to worry about Jessica. I will take good care of her like she asked me to' Dan said.

Somehow his last words didn't really registrated with me. I heard them but I could not react to them. They hurt too much. I didn't think that it was possible to hurt more than by rejection but hearing after you are rejected that your mate asked someone else to take care of her broke my heart again.

'You can have her all for yourself! I don't want a slut like her as a mate even if she wanted me. You can do all what you want with her!' I yelled in his face. I turned around and began to run. I ran through the hallway past the classrooms and went to my locker. I took all that was in there and put it in my backpack.

'Jake, Jake, what are you doing? Where are you going?' I heard someone call me. I looked around I and I saw it was Lizzy. 'Jake are you alright? You look like you cried... What happened?' she asked.

'I met my mate'

'You did? Who is she? Is she nice? Do you like her? Tell me all about her?' She told me. The moment I said the word mate she forgot about how I looked and all she wanted to be was happy for me.

'She rejected me..' I whispered. Her happy face fell into one of shock. 'No tell me she didn't do that to you' she said so soft that I didn't know if I was supposed to hear it but I answered anyway.

'Yes she did, Jessica did reject me' I told her. 'Jessica is your mate' she asked with a look of disbelieve on her face.

The look on her face hurt me. It was like she didn't believe the fact that amazing slutty popular Jessica could be my mate and she almost agreed with her about rejecting me. I could not also handle rejection from one of my best friends. I turned around and walked away to my car.