Chapter 13

I drove back home in my car. I felt like sh*t.

This wasn’t supposed to happen. I would have a nice date with Ashley and make Jessica jealous and make sure she would apologize to me. After she’d apologized I would wait for a day of two and after that I would take her back. But something didn’t go the right way. For some reason I feel like the bad guy. I just wanted to make her jealous not hate me…

But still… it’s her fault. If she hadn’t rejected me I would’ve never left and come back and tried to make her jealous.

I got out of my car and walked into my house.

“How was your date?” Paul asked when I walked into the living room.

He was lying on the couch cuddling with Mandy.

I want to have someone to cuddle on the couch with.

“It was fine” I answered shortly.

“Everything okay?” Mandy asked.

“yeah… I’m going to sleep”

I walked upstairs and saw Nick. He was brushing his teeth in the bathroom. I tried to sneak quietly into my room but he looked up and saw me.

“And? Was it worth it” he asked me.

“You were right. I shouldn’t have gone out with Ashley. I… I met Jessica after I brought Ashley home...”

“What happened?” He asked.

I sighed. “Well… she yelled at me and told me that she hated me...”

“I told you so… I’m sorry to say it to you but it was bound to happen. You just accused her of everything and tried to hurt her as much as you could. You kind of deserve it.” He told me.

Hearing my best friend say this to me hurt. It didn’t hurt as much as Jessica telling me she hated me but it definitely hurt.

“Maybe it’s time for you to start to live in the present.”

“What do you mean with that?” I asked him.

“You are always trying to make Jessica feel bad for something she did in the past. You are always busy with what happened in the past and getting revenge. You are not looking at what you have now or what you can have.” Nick said and walked away into his room.

Start to live in the present. Live in the present. Maybe Jessica was right when she told me I was selfish. Even my best friend kind of told me I was.

I walked to my closet and took a long pair of sport pants out and took my clothes of. I went to my bed and lay down.

Nick’s right. I am living in the past at the moment. Only looking at what has happened and not what is happening right at this moment. I should stop looking back. I should stop trying to get revenge on Jessica. From what she said I have hurt her enough to have revenge. Maybe I shouldn’t try to make her take me back. But the other way around. I should fight for her and get her back.

I know now it’s time to change.

Time to change everything.

Myself, my present and my future.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, SORRY.

For the super long wait and the super short update.

I don’t have a lot of time. I’m really busy with university at this moment so all my time goes to school.

I tried to write a new chapter but I don’t have a lot of inspiration at this moment so it’s kind of short.

Sorry! I will try to update sooner and make the chapter longer the next time!

What do you hope/think will happen with Jessica and Jake?

Please vote! And comment! And fan!

Xx Nienke