Chapter 4 Jessica

Jessica's POV

This morning was going to be like every morning, well I taught so. My alarm rang on 7 o'clock and silently I came out of bed. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After having a shower of 15 min I came out and dried myself with a towel, went to my room and picked out some clothes.

I absolutely hate myself and my clothes, I don't really hate myself but the image I present  at school. I am the head cheerleader and I wear slutty clothes. I always feel so dirty wearing short skirts and low tops but I want to have popularity and feel good somewhere. I can't feel good at home so I have to make it happen somewhere else. I hate to pretend to be someone else then myself, but somehow I do it at school. Half of the school pretends to love me and hate me behind their back, the other half hate me in my face and there are also the ones who only want to get in my pants . I hate school and I love it at the same time. At least being at school is better than being at home.

I look up at the clock and see that it is half past seven. I go to my little sister's room and wake her up. "Macey, wake up it is time to go to school" I go down to the kitchen and start to make breakfast. Macey's and mine favorite, scrambled eggs. While I place the plates on the table I walk into the living room to clean up the empty beer cans and whiskey bottles. I look at the fireplace and see my favorite picture standing on top of it. It was a picture of my family when times were good. My mom is laughing and holding my little sister; my dad looks lovingly at my mother and hugs me and my two years older brother Luke.

Times changes, we looked so happy once and now... My mum died two years ago when I was 16 and Macey was just 7. She was killed by rogues and after my mum died my father went mad. He started to get angry at everyone and drink a lot. My brother and I were the victims of his rage. My brother couldn't take it anymore and left us a year ago. I still haven't forgiven him; he left his two little sisters to fend for themselves because he couldn't take it anymore. I tried to take care for my sister and protect her from my father but it was hard.

Macey came down to eat and after finishing eating I brought her to her school. I went to my own. This day was the same as every other. The moment I got out of my car I was surrounded by my "friends", it were the cheerleaders and fake friends who also wanted to have popularity. I looked around the parking place and saw Nate and Dan and went to them. I always had a crush on Nate but he had found his mate, Lizzy. I didn't like her at first, she was a bookworm and a little bit nerdy, but after I got to know her I found out she was outspoken and kind and if she wore something nice she was really pretty. It was everything Nate deserved. So after Nate was taken I moved my attention on Dan. He was really handsome but stupid. I didn't like him that much but everybody wanted us to be together.

"Look the loser Alpha arrived" Dan said to the group. I looked around and saw Jake. Everybody sort of bullied Jake. He was the next in line for Alpha but didn't look like one. He was thin and not muscular at all, not a leader, he didn't have any of the aspects you want your Alpha to have. The only amazing thing about him is his eyes. They are pitch-black and you can almost drown in them. All the boys laughed at him and the girls gave him some glares or flirty smiles. They are a little bit conflicted about him. He is the Alpha's heir so they want him to be his mate, but he is the biggest loser of the school so nobody wants him.

"Don't call him that" Lizzy said with an angry scowl at Dan. "He is one of my best friends and I won't accept it if you bully him". Dan scoffed but Nate gave him an angry look and Dan apologized at Lizzy for calling him a loser.

The bell rang and we went to our classes. What was my first hour? Oooh no it is calculus, the subject I hated the most. I went to my table and my best "friend" Mandy came and sat beside me.

"Have you heard it" she asked. "Heard about what?" I asked back. "Well, today is Jake's birthday. From this day he can meet his mate."

That is why everybody gave him flirty glares today, they all wanted to be his mate to become Alpha female. I didn't worry about it, I could never find my mate. My father would kill us and I couldn't do that to him.