CHAPTER FIVE...

~"AWE, ELLE, COME ON," I desperately try and plea Elle to let me pay for her. Though this is Elle I am dealing with, and she's as stubborn as ever.

"No way. You always pay, Lay."

"Do not! Plus, I'm the one who should be treating, not you! I'm not getting married, you are!"

"I don't care," she begins to object, but our waiter comes around , interrupting us.

"The bill, my Lady," the waiter bows as he sets the bill in front of me, snatching it before Elle has the chance.

"Lay," she stubbornly pouts as the waiter leaves with the bill and my credit card.

"Like I said," leaning back in my seat, arms crossed above my head. "My treat. Now, would you stop fighting it and allow me to pay!"

Elle doesn't say anything back. All that comes out as a response is her slumping back into her seat in defeat.

"Fine," she sighs out finally in defeat. "Tell me, how much was our meal anyways?"

"Not much," I answer back blankly and unamuzed "It was just over four hundred dollars."

"That's not too bad," she sighs out contemptibly. The restaurant we decided to go to is one of my favorites, and a regular place Elle and I dine at. My favorite part about it is the large fountain that can be seen by every table at the center of the dinning hall. It really is an extravagant place, even for a vampire.

"Yeah. Though, about three hundred dollars more, I'd maybe have considered you pitching in," I laugh out lightly.

Elle starts to laugh as well, being the type of person you can easily make laugh. That's just one other thing on top of the millions of other reasons I've always admired Elle. She can just so easily laugh and it amazes me. Normally when I think of myself, I think of someone who is a tad bit cocky of herself, but yet, very reserved. It'll take a lot for me to open up to anyone.

I realize how long I have actually been staring at her when the check is back with my card.

"Just sign here please," the waiter asks me. The check and a pen are placed down in front of me. Carefully, I write my name.

Once finished, I hand back the check to my waiter, and wait for him to leave

Though, he never does.

"My... my Lady, Hardsworth," he finally makes out, getting down on the ground beside me on one knee.

Lord, I start to think. Earlier, I had sensed his power, but I tried my best to mask my sent.

"Please, raise your head," I order him, doing as I say. "You do not have to bow for me. I'm no one special."

"No on special," he repeats, as if I've said something ridiculous. "My Lady, you're a Hardsworth! Everything about you is special."