Chapter IV

"Okay, whatever your name is, there's an emergency exit on right of this street, we just need to get through the landmine road and the poisonous snake pit to get to it." I tell Nathan, who's pacing back and forth.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" His deep voice roars throughout the empty parlor.

I dashed to him, and covered his mouth. "We have to stay quiet in here until it's a good time to leave, Nathan. I was kidding, don't worry." I released my grip and sat down on a red leather bench.

He looked up at the ceiling and let out a large amount of air while running his hands through his hair. "What is this stupid place anyways?"

"It's an arena." I immediately answer.

"NOO, I thought it was a car dealership!" He sarcastically replies, while rolling his eyes.

"You know, you're pretty bold for a guy who was just wearing a sequin Christmas sweater in June.." I cross my legs and and chuckle at my own joke while he glares at me. Ah, I crack myself up.

"When do we leave the arena? Nathan asks, obviously trying to ignore the fact that he got dragged.

I look at my Apple Watch since I have an app installed that checks how many more minutes we have till' the game is over.

"I want to leave around the 45 minute mark and we have 50 minutes left. Get ready."

Nathan looks around the trashed barber shop with a layer of confusion covering his face. "Um.. We're already ready. We have nothing to pack up."

"I meant mentally get ready, dumbass. There's going to be many men with guns and shit so I need you to get strong."

He takes a deep breath, and takes a couple of seconds to pray. "How are we going to fight a bunch of men with guns with.. Daggers?"

"You'll see.. If you have questions about it ask after we escape.." I shake my head. Honestly, I'm hesitant to tell him about my abilities. I genuinely like him, he's really cool, and I don't want to scare him away like I did with all of my past friends. I just want a friend after running away.

I looked at the time left. 48 minutes left.

He quickly looks out the window and turns back to me. "Jaiden.. Why are you trying to escape this arena with me if you're on the bad side?"

The question made me choke on my own air. He's right. I could've simply packed my bags up and left Ajax's house while he was at work.

"I-- I... I want to make a point." I claim. "I want to escape this arena to show them that I'm serious about becoming a better person. I want to leave a mark on this terrible organization before leaving."

He gives me a steady nod and instantly drops the topic.

I get off of the bench and brush the dust off of my suit. "You ready?" I ask with a nervous smile.

He gives me another nod, but this time it wasn't as confident. Poor thing. I can't wait to raise hell up in this bitch.

I closed my eyes and waited for the blood to trickle down my nose before stealthily walking out the barber shop, with Nathan following me.

You can do it, Jaiden. Keep Nathan and yourself safe. Nobody else in this hellhole matters.

The roar of the arena got louder as soon as they noticed me.

"Shit!" I hissed. "Come on Nathan, let's go!"

I charged down the empty street at full force, and luckily Nathan was fit enough to run along side me with no problem. Shit,shit,shit,shit,shit. I didn't expect the audience to notice me so quickly!