Chapter V

I filed my nails with a dagger as we waited for the elevator ride to be over.

"How deep down were we!?" Nathan asks impatiently.

"I don't know." I quietly answered, handing the dagger to Jax, who looks like he's about to fall asleep. I don't remember the elevator ride being this long, maybe it's taking longer because it's the emergency elevator, and we never upgraded them since we never had to use them. I sighed and rested my head on the wooden wall.

"Nathan." Jax broke the comfortable silence.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember how you got down here?" Jax looked him with a curious expression on his face.

I picked my head up off the wooden wall and watched Nathan strongly attempt to go back to the time he got kidnapped.

"I was walking to a Christmas in June party, since my car broke down.."

"Oh, that explains that repulsive sweater you were wearing." I scoffed, smirking at Nathan.

Jax violently elbowed my arm, which was already bruised because of Axel, and I winced.

Nathan gave me a solid glare and continued to speak. "I remember there being this super nice van, and it pulled very close beside me.."

A bead of sweat streamed down his forehead, and he nervously started rubbing his hands together.

"Nathan, if you don't want to talk now that's fine." I comforted.

He uncontrollably shook his head with horror written on his face. "NO, Jaiden, there's a gigantic bug crawling beside you."

I wailed and hopped in Nathan's arms, screaming at Jax to kill it.

"OH crap!" Jax shouted, letting out a galore of fire on the bug, making the fire alarm screech.

I listened to the sound of the rope maneuvering the elevator snap, and I felt my body become weightless as the elevator plummeted.

Wow, we escaped a hellhole filled with fireproof men with machine guns, but we we're about to die because a bug and an elevator. The irony!

Do you have any common sense? Use your powers, dumbass!

I felt an indescribable energy cascade to the exterior of the elevator, and suddenly it began to peacefully heighten to ground level.

Moments later, the elevator door finally opened, releasing a plethora of smoke, and we scurried out of the pod before it went back down. We were in the same alley as the entrance of the ballroom, and it was still extremely dark. I sighed and looked over at the two boys, who's clothes had been burned up because of the fire. I looked down at my suit that was completely untouched. Yikes.

"Where would we be without you, Jaiden?" They vigorously slapped my back and shook my shoulder.

I lightly brushed their large hands off of my shoulder and proceeded walking down the dark alley, with them following me like a lost puppy. Poor things. They completely depend on me now since I put their lives on the line with this stupid plan, and I don't even know what the plan is now that we've escaped.

"We need to find the Gucci bag." I stated, storming around the corner of an Italian deli.

"Wait!" Nathan warned, grabbing Jax and I's shoulders from behind us.

"What!?" We snapped.

"Why are they not chasing after us? Why are we walking around the streets of LA unaware that we have a literal target on our backs?"