Chapter 1

I do not own Transformers, only my OC.

----

In a world where the tree's reached for the sky and cities stretched ever further, in a place where the colors were lively and air fresh and crisp, where birds sang merrily and the waters were a brilliant blue; there was something festering, something dark. I couldn't see it. Couldn't hear or smell it, but I knew it was there. I could feel it.

And it threatened to consume me.

The once still air picked up and tossed my hair about. Not even my frigid hands could contain the mass and prevent it from scratching at my eyes. Where was a hair clip when I needed one? For that matter, where was I? There was something vaguely familiar about this place. I had seen a few forests in my life but none quite like this and never from such a high angle, which brought up a very interesting question.

Why was I flying?

Humans shouldn't be capable of such a feat...

Then it came, a deep rumbling noise that bore into my very heart. The sky twisted into a sickening swirl of red and green. Electricity burst through the clouds. The ground quaked ferociously below. Rivers rose. Mountains sank. Cities collapsed.

And I hurtled towards the ground.

xXxXxXxXx

I shot up. The world shook violently beneath me. Screws rolled off the desk, books cascaded off their shelves and, worst of all, shouting filled the air.

As quickly as it had started however, it ended.

"What in the blazes?" My heart raced with the fury of frightened mouse, yet a puzzling sense of exhilaration played at the fringes.

The dream, I sighed. It had plagued my mind for some time now. Each occurrence was different than the last, but they all shared two things in common: the forest and my catapulting out of bed, or in this case, my chair.

I let out a yawn and rubbed my face. I hadn't the slightest idea as to why my mind waged war on itself. In fact there was only one thing I knew for sure right now - I had not caused the real life rumble.

"Melry," a masculine voice shouted from somewhere outside the room.

Something had gone wrong and I had a feeling the tickling at my heart had something to do with it.

"Melry Lennox," the voice called again.

"One minute," I shouted.

Where were my glasses? The desk before me was littered with blurry piles and my glasses were somewhere among them.

Great.

Nuts, bolts, plates and other miscellaneous building supplies were jostled from their piles as my hands searched for their prey. It was hard to believe my vision had come to this. Once upon a time I'd been graced with perfect vision, but a near fatal bout with a rare poison known as energon had left me with small fraction of what I'd once taken for granted.

"Melry, now!"

Damn those thin frames! I swear they sprouted legs when I wasn't looking.

Electrical wires met their container, as did a handful of screws, half of which hit the floor. Tools landed into another container on the ground and – there they were, next to the box. Should have known.

"MELRY!"

For the love of - "Coming!" I grabbed the frames and hurried for the door.

The main hanger was in a state of hustle and bustle. Soldiers clad in black uniforms scurried about below on the main level. It seemed just about everyone was on the move, everyone that is except for one man. He stared up at me as I came to the railing.