01

Hello! I bring you all the gift of another chapter.. ...leaving those comments and votes was so sweet, and thats how you trick lazy people with zero self confidence like me into making more content- actually showing them that they arent writing for nothing.

so please enjoy.

And dont be surprised if i vanish off the face of the earth for a bit. Same as last time, this story will have slow updates for a while but I will not abandon it. And as a refresher: This starts off after rin finds out Yukio is a teacher and before he finds his dorm.

There was things he had to do. Like go and actually find his dorm room and unpack his possessions and do his homework. Of course, Rin didnt want to do any work and after that disaster of a first day at his 'cram' school, and he didnt fancy being cooped up at the moment either.

He opted to go out and explore some of the city.

While doing so he located useful places like the grocery store, a bookstore, a few cafes, and the dorm itself. It was sat the end of a wooded walk and looked rather dodgey as a whole but what else could you expect when it was given to you by your very own loopy older demon step-brother.

So, there was still a few more hours time to be out before the citywide curfew that Mephisto had told him about and doing something productive was out of the question. He continued to poke around the area.

A park. One that looked rather old. It was accessed with a fifteen minute walk through a wooded trail he found to the side of the dormitory building. Rusted equipment, a basketball court with weeds growing in its cracked court, it had it all. Rin liked those. Even if they brought up the painfully fresh memories, he always had fond memories of going to parks with his father and brother. Even as he grew into his teens, he would still go to parks whenever he was upset or simply bored.

It was second nature that he would go to one of the swings, take a seat, and reflect.

How did he not notice that he wasn't the only one there? That there was a white haired guy right there, the swing next to his. Not that hard to notice, right?

Maybe there was a reason but yeah, Rin was suprised. He saw the person out the corner of his eye, holding his head in his hand and face contorted like he had a migraine.  Queue our hybrid letting go of the chains as he was doing a double-take, and falling out of the seat backwards.

He cursed as his head gracefully collided with the ground. His hand gingerly moved to the place that got the worst of bulk of the impact and the other arm he used to lift up his body. Rin winced a bit as his fingers touched the tender spot at the back of his head and he opened his eyes up.

A gloved hand was outstretched to the boy who had fallen.

The guy looked to be around his age. White hair that was pulled back into a ponytail save the fringe which framed a pale face with some tattoo (Or is that a scar?) and two pools of mercury were looking at him. And who even wore gloves like those?

"-ou alright, Sir?"

Rin didn't register it. He half-laid in the dirt while and rubbed his head a few more times and looked like an idiot. The strangers' face melted a bit more into one of worry.

"Uh, Sir? Are you alright? It sounded like you hit your head pretty hard," Allen tried a second time. Rin took a minute more before he finally registered it. Yeah, the dude that spooked him and wore gloves was now talking to him.

"Ugh,  I'll live," he mumbled and finally took the hand he was offered. The iron grip the stranger had as he pulled Rin off the ground took him off guard but he didn't think much of it.

"Im terribly sorry about that, Sir.. Are you sure that you'll be fine? I could get you some ice for that."

"Oh! No need to be so formal, my names Rin Okumura. And ill be fine, ive had worse," he said with a grin. The stranger was about to speak and Rin cut him off. "If you worry about me anymore youll be worse than my brother."

"Huh? I'll be worse than your brother?"

"Oh. Yeah. He's going to school to be a doctor and he looses his mind if I get so much of a bug bite or scratch."

"Hmm, well I mean.." the stranger trailed off.

" 'Well I mean..' What?" Rin asked, mostly curious.

"There's some things that can do some pretty messed up shit to a person, I guess. I remember having to deal with.. an..  a uhhhh.. rare bug..  a while back that had this terrible poison. All it had to do was to come in contact with your skin and the person would shrivel up almost instantly and die."

"Yeesh, that sounds bad. Well I mean, I never really blamed him for it. I'm actually happy that he cares for me that much. It's just annoying sometimes when I get an interrogated whenever I come home with a scratch. And trust me, that  happens a lot."

There was a small break. "Oh. Sorry if I annoyed you then."

"Huh? I only meant my brother. You dont need to apologize for that."

"Heh, sorry about me apologizing so much then, I'm trying to break the habit. So, it happens a lot?"

"I swear, if you apolog- Huh?"

Mr.No-Name-And-White-Hair grinned a bit. "You fall backwards from swings and hit your head often?"

"Oh shut up, you only startled me," he grumbled. Mr.No-Name-And-White-Hair laughed a bit as Rin decided to act similar to a toddler after that.

Ahhhhhhhhh yes, that only took forever to write. But yeah, thus begins the Allen and Rin friendship ( aka bromance.)

Lemme know what u think.
Thanks for reading my work~~

Also, anybody else read the latest chapter of DGM? Hoshino's artwork is stunning and Allen is just👌👌