05

Me, updating within a week of the last chapter I wrote? The world must be ending and pigs are flying.

Y'all I'm stoked that people are still here for my stuff even though I normally take forever. thanks!! I reread i wrote so far then i got super pumped to write this one. I wanted to explore the characters and the dynamics and maybe everything is moving too fast but it was fun.

This chapter practically wrote itself out and I enjoyed writing this. Please enjoy⭐️⭐️

~=★=~

The both of them honestly loved the games of one-on-one basketball that they've started to play.

For Rin, it was something refreshingly normal. Durning the past months, he's gone through loss, having his reality torn apart, discovering that his family had been playing him as a fool (such a harsh way to put it), discriminated against for lineage and powers he had no say in, and so much more. Things like that took tolls on people.

Even if he hid it it behind his headstrong carefree persona, he thought to himself that it was really fucking stupid and it was so fucking unfair. Maybe to the point where he wanted to cry about it at night, but he wouldn't when he shared a room with his brother. He would never admit those feelings out loud. At least not yet when he wasn't ready.

And there was Alphonse who, well, he knew so little about Rin and his past and his present and it was vice versa. So, it was like having a clean slate. The slate that they were able to build up with their own memories and messes. They've had stupid conversations and made their own memories or sorts and this was good for the demon hybrid.

He's never really had a genuine connection like this with somebody. The kids in his home town all hated him and having a brother wasn't the same but having a friend who he could play basketball and talk with and so stupid shit with. It was... nice.

As for Allen, it was the turning of a new leaf. Another chapter in his life. For so long, for too long, had he let himself rot away in despair in hopes of numbing the pain he had in his life. After everyone he knew died, he locked himself away from the world and he might have stayed that way if it wasn't for Neah and Crowned Clown. By the time they managed to talk him out of his despair, damage and been done though.

A member of the Noah clan or not, a holder of innocence or not, he was still a human and he will always be. And the human body and mind had many ways of dealing with trauma.

It could be blamed simply on the human mind not being meant to hold hundreds of years of memories or a coping mechanism. It was probably a mix of both. What happened to him was his own mind had locked away the memories of his friends and the comrades he considered a family. Barely there but out of reach because of his own damn stupid fucking self. And having those memories gone... or barely there.. fucked Allen up for a while. And he stooped down to another depression, if you will.. it was even worse that his first one.

But he had his two knights in shining armor rescue him a second time. The Noah and his innocence, what would he do without them. They warred with Allen's head, memories, his stubbornness, and other aspects of him until they were able to piece the immortal together again. They even managed to recollect tiny bits and pieces of his memories. Names and faces, places and battles, not everything but a small taste.

He then departed on a journey to get everything back and the arc was the place to start. Never did he think that he would become friends with the boy at the park who set off the curse in his eye. But he was glad he did because now he had a taste of the normal life he never had. It was a reminder about what friends were like fto someone who hadn't has one in over two hundred years.