03

Considering how long it usually takes me to write new chapters, how terrible I've been feeling mentally and physically, how busy schools been keeping me, and how many other ideas that I had for stories, this chapter came out fast.

Anyways, THAks foR THE SUPPORT I hope this story continues to live up to expectations, please continue to enjoy

~==~

When it came to Akuma, Allen's curse has never mislead him.

In the presence of an Akuma, he immediately knew their level, he could see their soul, where the Akuma was, and all that good Exorcist stuff. Demons were harder to judge but they were still doable. Of course, his eye still told him about the presence of Demons. There was more than that because Demons were more far more complicated than a machine that evolved when it killed. They had far more gray areas. Through trial, error, and 'borrowing' a few texts about Demons that the True Cross Order made, he was recently able to create a system good enough to go by. It was still flawed, because he admittedly had the minimum knowledge of demons.

It was barely past midnight and Allen could feel a powerful headache already ebbing away at his head. When his cursed eye bled was when he confirmed whatever he could about the demon.

It was old, and powerful. He could tell by horrible and sick he felt. Honestly, he wanted to lock himself in a dark room and not feel anything. The comfortable bed, the headache pill of his choice, and a dark room sounded wonderful. The Demon was worth following, even if he, an immortal who knew much worse pain than this, wanted to curl up under a pile of sheets and die. But, that would mean getting the blood from his eyes over his new sheets.

Well, even if he didn't like it, time had a way of healing old wounds.

Even if that way was cramming multiple lifetimes worth information into his head so that the faces of his true family began to fade and blur by the sand of time. If he was honest with himself, he could barely the sounds of his friends -no, family's- voices. And small details seemed to escape him too. Was Lavi's eyepatch on his left eye or right? Was it Lenalee or Komui with the sister/brother complex?

Allen hated that uncertainty, And it was the one thing that he hated about being more or less human. He still had human flaws and, immortality couldn't help here, a mind that deteriorates with time is one of them.

Allen hated it. He hated it as he forced himself to get out of bed and outside. But that was okay. Maybe things would get worse before they got better. And the demon hunting he was doing was to ensure a 'better' for him. Maybe.

~==~

Funny story, Mephistopheles, known as the Demon king of Time, Owner of True Cross City, and known by many more titles, just wanted a cup of tea.

He wanted a cup of tea so he simply got one.

That part itself wasn't much of a problem at all. Yeah, that was easy. And so was taking the tea to a pavilion so he could proceed to enjoying it while overlooking 'his' city. So, he did just that.

And he wasn't counting on spilling the tea, but he did. It wasn't because of his error -actually you can actually debate that- but because of somebody else. Somebody else who must have been a literal fucking ninja, not just because he didn't sense their presence, but also because they managed to hop down from who knows where and to kick him in the back of his head.