prologue

"Hey

"Hey. It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Sylvie Brett," the blonde introduced herself. Phoebe had been excited to start her first shift at the firehouse. Her god mother had made sure she knew what she was getting herself into, she didn't want her getting hurt. Phoebe had been her responsibility since her parents passed away when she was just a child.

Phoebe smiled at the blonde, "I'm Phoebe Halliwell. It's nice to meet you too. I'm looking forward to working with you."

"So am I. Follow me and I'll introduce you to the rest of the gang."

Phoebe had been on her first call that morning after she had been introduced to everyone

Phoebe had been on her first call that morning after she had been introduced to everyone. She already knew she'd get alone with all the girls but Matt and Kelly had already become her unofficial brothers. They had taken her under their wing as soon as she was introduced to the. Hermann had even invited her along to Molly's after their shift to introduce her to everyone else from the Chicago response team, something she was looking forward to. Phoebe had promised herself she would make the most of living in Chicago and that meant making friends.

Phoebe had noticed Gabby wasn't present while they were eating dinner so she went to go look for her. Soon she found her outside but she was talking to someone. Someone Phoebe considered quite handsome, not that she would tell him that.

"Hey Gabby. I've been looking for you. I couldn't find you at lunch," Phoebe smiled. The stranger and Gabby both looked at her. Gabby smiled whereas the stranger frowned in confusion.

"Sorry about that, Phoebe, I had to talk to my brother about some things. Phoebe, this is my older brother Antonio, he's a detective. Antonio, this is Phoebe, the new paramedic on Ambulance 61." Gabby smiled as she introduced them both to each other.

Antonio smiled at the brunette, "It's nice to finally meet you. Gabby has talked about you non stop since she found out you would be joining."

Phone chuckled, "It's nice to meet you too. All good things I hope."

Gabby laughed, "Have some faith in me. I've only talked good about you. I'm glad you joined us." And she was glad. Phoebe just fit in with the team and Gabby was glad to have a new friend.

Antonio laughed, "I don't think Gabby could talk bad about anyone. It was nice meeting you, Phoebe but I should get going." For some reason he didn't want to leave but work called.

Phoebe smiled, "It was nice meeting you too Antonio." Gabby hugged her brother and he began walking away. Phoebe couldn't help but frown, she couldn't explain why she felt drawn to him already.

Gabby smiled at her brother and new friend. Things were about to change and she just hoped they would both be happy.