Phil // 11

"I'm so sorry Dan!" I say as I stand up to get some napkins for the water I spilled on his lap. He takes them from me and tries to dry some of the water that's seeping into his jeans.

"It's fine Phil"

"No it's not! I just spilled a whole bottle of water on you! On our first date! I'm such an idiot", I exclaim, feeling extremely guilty that I dragged him out to dinner, only to make a complete fool of him. I slump back into my chair, and cover my face with my hands, not wanting to face the poor wet boy across from me.

"Ok maybe it is a little inconvenient", Dan says with a giggle. I look up from my hands slightly to see him smiling at me. "for you I mean, these are your jeans"

I appreciate he's trying to make me feel better, so I give him a small smile, but I still feel annoyed that I ruined tonight for us.

"Let's get out of here, I can feel my crotch starting to chafe"

I nod and give him an 'i'm sorry' smile as he stands up, with water dripping off his lap onto the floor. He takes my arm gently and we leave the restaurant. What a disaster.

//

"You ok?", Dan says as we sit in the back of the taxi on the way home from the restaurant.

"Yeah, it's just.. I thought tonight was going to be perfect, y'know? All romantic and stuff, but I just had to mess it all up."

"Phil, you took me to a pizza place, it wasn't exactly predestined to be super romantic."

"Hey, you said you liked pizza!" I pout.

"I do like pizza, but you have to admit it's not the most romantic of date foods"

"Yeah ok", I admit, rolling my eyes and stifling a giggle. "Sorry again, Dan"

"Oh shush", Dan replies playfully, resting his head on my shoulder as I place an arm around him, glad he's being so calm about everything.

---------------

i wrote this quickly but it's kinda cute i guess

if you can see any mistakes pls tell me :))))

remember to vote and comment if u like it, thank

hope ur havin a super snazzy day, also you look cute today, love u

-ella